I need to verify DD Form 2 Retired - USMC & other branches
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need to verify DD Form 2 Retired - USMC & other branches

I run a mortgage business - and recently as everyone knows there is a ton a fraud out there. I need to be able to verify the authenticity, generally speaking, of retirees that apply for mortgages. I need a copy/image of a DD Form 2 Retired for each branch of service. I dont need anyone's particulars on it, name/ss/picture can be blacked out - I'd pay for it, it'd really help my business. I need more current ones, issued within the past 10 years.

Otherwise I cannot be sure if I am being scammed. Sure, in the end a bad application gets flagged by lenders, but if I submit it is is a real black mark for my company, so I need to do my due diligence. It's worth $100 for me to have current copy, front/rear.

Last edited by Shaffer; 12-24-11 at 04:57 AM.

First off your profile is lacking to say the least. Second, double posting is considered spam. Third, if you think a DD-214 is fake, then contact the V.A. If it's a V.A. loan, then they'll verify his/her V.A. status to prevent a fraudulent loan. Last thing, I don't believe buying a blank DD-214 is even legal, what's to say you won't use it for illegal purposes.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Something about this, don't ring true.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There isn't a special retired one, just a different RE- code. Recommend asking to see retired ID card. Unless you are providing medical treatment you can not legally make a copy of their ID card either.

You can ask to see and make a copy of their retired LES as proof of income.

Something sounds not quite right here.

right, does not add up, I would think you would be more interested in the cert. of eligibility. A suggestion would be to request your DD214 see how it looks and expect a retired Marines or other Military personnel have more information in the blocks

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'll be damned....so that's what Jane Doe looks like!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    I'll be damned....so that's what Jane Doe looks like!
    Chuck, that's more than likely her daughter. Mama Jane is much older than that.

Must have a close relationship with Falling Rock.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Somehow my first read of the OP sounded like a request for a copy of a retired 214 member copy 2. I need to pay better attention.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinbo View Post
    Somehow my first read of the OP sounded like a request for a copy of a retired 214 member copy 2. I need to pay better attention.
    That was my take also. Getting old, I guess.

If you are asking for someone who knows how to 'read' a DD-214 (if that is what you mean) send me your particulars. Once I verify who you are, I can decipher pretty much any service record, military claim, etc. Matter of fact, I have a business that does just this.

Thread Information