I need to verify DD Form 2 Retired - USMC & other branches - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    there's a lot about this that I don't understand, but since Jerry stepped in I'll assume it's not as bad as it looks on the surface

the main thing that puzzles me; I'm thinking that the only thing that you need to verify when it comes to a mortgage, as it pertains to a retiree -- would be income. and a dd-214 isn't gonna do that. bank statements yes, dd-214 no.

they also get some type of award benefit letter or something along those lines, I think.

this whole thing doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.

No lender needs to see a DD214!

Yeah, I was never asked for one...maybe if they are trying to get a VA loan? That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Yeah, I was never asked for one...maybe if they are trying to get a VA loan? That would make sense.
    Even with the VA loan they really only care about the certificate of eligibility.

Even with the VA loan they really only care about the certificate of eligibility
    agree, the only time they will ask for the DD214 is if there is something not correct with the certificate, for example I purchased a home in Aug. had the certificate all was good, a week before closing when the "T's" and "i's" are being rechecked, the VA somehow had me showing as active. So, I had to send mine back in again to confirm.

Ah, got it. I really couldn't recall, it having been a very long time since I used the VA to buy a house.

Weird.

When you retire, you get a " Retired" certificate. I did dot get a DD 214 at retirement. Ispeent 4 yrs active, got D 214 active duty, got DD 214 fo activation on Desert Storm. That being said, ( DD 214s are issued for active duty service, not reserve..coming from memory, I don't have the manual to check)
    Retired crusty MSgt

I do loans this makes no sense, any loan processor worth their salt would have access to the online verification to obtain a COE in a matter of seconds or they would have the applicant fill out a VA Form 26-1880, with proper paperwork, and the VA will verify and can return to lender. Also he states wanting to verify "retired" military that would already be done when they bring proof of income their bank statments would show their direct deposit from the VA. You sir smell of fraud or at the very least unqualifed to be attempting to assist in the loan process.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Manning View Post
    I do loans this makes no sense, any loan processor worth their salt would have access to the online verification to obtain a COE in a matter of seconds or they would have the applicant fill out a VA Form 26-1880, with proper paperwork, and the VA will verify and can return to lender. Also he states wanting to verify "retired" military that would already be done when they bring proof of income their bank statments would show their direct deposit from the VA. You sir smell of fraud or at the very least unqualifed to be attempting to assist in the loan process.
    Your replying to a thread that is over 4 years old.....

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your replying to a thread that is over 4 years old.....
    Yep...but Jane Doe hasn't changed any.........

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    And what does this have to do with uniforms?.....Admin on this site sucks

Thread Information