Joining after dropping from DEP
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Joining after dropping from DEP

I joined the DEP in ~June '09 and had a ship date of 20100119...In November 2009 I dropped out of the DEP. I was 2 years away from graduating college and decided I should probably just finish up and then see what I want to do with my life after. Well it's after now and I still have the bug and want to be a Marine. I feel a strong sense of regret for not joining and know that my life will never be complete unless I do. Would I be given a second chance and be allowed to go AD or would I only get Reserves? Would I be able to select my job code again? In addition, I now have my degree - would I be allowed to go to OCS or not because of my prior history?

Thanks for any and all opinions and before you say it, yes I know I'm a turd for dropping out and wasting the time and money the USMC spent on me.

PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum. Most Marines aren't allowed to post here in the poolee forum........and double posting isn't allowed.
    Also...talk with a recruiter face-to-face. He/she will be able to give you the most up to-date info on this.

Thread Information