MCT at Camp Geiger - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not only will he be going to daily classes, there will be daily PT, some inspections, (at least there was when I went through supply school at Camp Johnson) and field days (cleaning).

This is a basic description of a warehouse clerk........

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions

MOS 3051 - - Warehouse Clerk

Type of MOS : PMOS

Rank Range: MGySgt toPvt
    Job Description: Warehouse clerks perform various duties which include receiving, inspecting, locating, storing, rotating, safekeeping, issuing, preparing, shipping, material return and disposal of supplies and equipment as relates to ground supply operations. These clerks maintain personal computer and mainframe locator systems, conduct inventories, maintain records of subcustody principal end items, monitor shelf life items through CD ROM and the mainframe support systems, and input data entry transactions and retrieval of historical records. They maintain hand held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems. These Marines are licensed to operate MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and operate bulk and small parts conveyer systems used in warehousing operations. They identify packaging requirements and ensure items are maintained as required; comply with fire and safety regulations; use protective measures for items in storage, including open storage lots and hazardous materials storage areas; establish field supply support areas. Use detailed technical data from the Federal Logistics System in the care and storage program; develop storage space requirements; and store materiel per weight, cube, and clearance factors by categories of supply.

Job Requirements:
    (1) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
    (2) Complete the Enlisted Warehouseman Basic Course at the MCSSS, Camp Lejeune, NC.
    (3) No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any act involving larceny or theft.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/3051.htm

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-24-12 at 01:58 PM.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Holy @#$%! He's on no picnic that's for sure! Good! It'll keep him good and busy!

Thank you for the info on that! At least he won't be "bored", that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    He's already completed the MCT 1/10, then went to Camp Johnson, and was in "holding" until last week. He started his "Warehouse Clerk" MOS yesterday (which we understand is 15 day's, not counting weekend's/holiday's). We're sure he's going to be busy, just wondering what he's in for and what he'll be doing. We're not sure if the class is all encompassing as far as "warehouse" or if it's seperated in department's. We did send his laptop down, as he sounded like he was going to need it.
    Unfortunately I am not familiar with that MOS, but most MOS schools consist of the following:

1. PT
    2. School
    3. Duty
    4. Chow
    5. Field Day
    6. Liberty on the weekends if the command allows and if he's not on duty

He is lucky that MOS school is short!! My MOS was 6482 (Aviation Electronics) and was a full year!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Clarke- My fiance is a Supply O stationed in Oki currently. It may not be glamorous but it is def important. Pretty much everything their battalion requires from ammo/weapons to vehicle parts goes through their shop. The guys manage and are responsible for huge and expensive accounts. Plus it teaches job and life skills that are important in the cilivian workforce. Be sure to let us know where he ends up for his PDS.

Credits
    Savings
    Hello All! We got a call from our Marine telling us he'd been told he'd be heading for Okinawa. He wasn't sure about leave time after MOS and before he goes (that is if nothing changes, or his chain wasn't jerked). He finishes his MOS 10/Feb/2012. We're wondering if he'll be going over via transport rather than a commercial flight (since he has no passport as yet).

And, some of his buddies were found out about some drinking the day they heard their duty station. We're trying hard to discourage him from the "culture" of the "hard-drinking Marine, especially since he still 18. Fortunately, he was helping a female MArine with something, and wasn't involved, but he got caught up in the disciplinary action's of base restriction and firewatch (which is how thing's go). We'd hate to see him get an adsep or something, then have to return home, having lost everything he'd worked hard and long to do and get.

Unfortunatley it is hard to ignore "the life". I remember a drill instructor tell us, "you'll either drink, smoke or do both! Some of you will end up pregnant too!"

It's up to the individual Marine to make the right decision.

Credits
    Savings
    We're wondering if he'll be going over via transport rather than a commercial flight (since he has no passport as yet).

You are forgetting, he flies with a Marine Corps Identification card and doesn't require a passport while on active duty traveling under orders.

Credits
    Savings
    Do you know what unit he will be attached to? DF traveled to Okinawa on a military charter flight, he was able to request leave before departing. He will probably get a government no fee passport that he can use while traveling on orders, but I would apply for the civilian passport as well. I leave for Okinawa on 2/10 for visit, I'll let you know how it goes.

Credits
    Savings
    Can he apply for a passport while over there through the embassy or something? I know even here in the U.S. it takes some month's for the process. We don't know division as yet, probably won't know until next week sometime.

And Sgt. Morales? You're right, it will be up to him. We're only hoping he takes into consideration what he has to lose. He's in a way "better" place than I was at his age. That as well as family and people that know and love him.

Last edited by jclarke; 01-29-12 at 03:34 PM. Reason: adding info

Can he apply for a passport while over there through the embassy or something? I know even here in the U.S. it takes some month's for the process. We don't know division as yet, probably won't know until next week sometime.

And Sgt. Morales? You're right, it will be up to him. We're only hoping he takes into consideration what he has to lose. He's in a way "better" place than I was at his age. That as well as family and people that know and love him.
    Yes. Mine is in the works right now.

Credits
    Savings
    I've got a "weird" question. Our Marine is supposed to be headed for Okinawa later this month. What kind of "duty" is it classified as? Sea Duty, Oversea's Duty?

Thread Information