final bootcamp preperation
Create Post

final bootcamp preperation

Marines, i have a question about leaving, this poolee has three weeks until departure for MCRD San Diego, and is not content with his running. Is there anything that would help to cut down on the run time?I am highly motivated and I really dont want to be the Recruit who falls out and cant complete runs. Thank you for your time.

IST
    Run: 12:14
    Pullups:17
    Crunches: 100+

Why worry now, the DI's will whip into shape,Good Luck,Semper Fidelis.

Pick something to think about.. and change the way you run... lot of times people only run when they feel like it... run when you feel exhausted... run when you don't think you can go any further... test yourself... better yet, have your friend test you, as people sometimes take the easy way out naturally.

You'll be fine. By the time you leave our Depot, you'll have built such strong leg muscles that you'll shed a minute or two off your time, maybe more. I wasn't a particularly strong runner going into boot camp, but by the time I came out, I could've been a rabbit. While you shouldn't get complacent and put minimum effort, boot camp will whip you into shape whether you like it or not. When I came home on boot leave I was 3 pant sizes smaller. I had to buy an entire wardrobe!

You will learn to push yourself beyond anything you have ever even tried while in boot camp. Don't sweat it too much. You already have the drive...you just don't know it. You said that you don't want to be the slow guy or the guy who falls out...see...you already know this, so you won't be that guy. When you hit the wall on a run, run through the wall....drive yourself to keep up with and run as part of the pack. You'll see, it's not difficult. Especially with D.I's standing over you screaming at you and telling the other recruits to run over you at a double time.....you'll be just fine!

I'm going to quote my drill instructor "to run faster increase stride"

Thank you for your replies Marines, I Appreaciate them.

Bowhunter, I had the same prob, running wasnt my strong suit. My recruiter had me running longer distances than was required for the tests. When I was going to boot in 83 the running distance was 3 miles, so i would train at 5 miles or better, that way by the time I did the 3 mile I had plenty in the tank for the final mile kick. But like the other Marines have said, youl get plenty of PT time in boot. Good luck to yah, BTW i went to San Diego as well .

YOU WILL DO FINE!!! TAKE IT FROM ME I WAS AN OVER WEIGHT CORPSMAN WHO JUST GOT OFF 2yrs OF FUN IN THE SUN IN P.R. WENT TO FIELD MEDICAL SERVICE SCHOOL( A 4 WEEK MARINE CORPS BOOT CAMP FOR NAVY CORPSMEN WHO WILL BE GOING TO DIVISION. ANYWAY TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT. ALL THE THINGS I COULDNT DO I DID. for example never could do a pull up manage to do 5. AND COULDNT RUN THAT WELL DID 20 MINUTES ON 3MILE RUN.SO I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by CplLakota View Post
    Bowhunter, I had the same prob, running wasnt my strong suit. My recruiter had me running longer distances than was required for the tests. When I was going to boot in 83 the running distance was 3 miles, so i would train at 5 miles or better, that way by the time I did the 3 mile I had plenty in the tank for the final mile kick. But like the other Marines have said, youl get plenty of PT time in boot. Good luck to yah, BTW i went to San Diego as well .
    I did the same before I shipped out. Built up my endurance since I found it no use to be able to run fast if I would burn out instantly. Picking up an ungodly fast pace was certainly a bonus .

P.S (As my name suggests) I was born and raised in SD, near the Depot actually. Could see my house from the confidence course... that was my motivation on the PFT's.

Thread Information