Reserve distance waiver.
Create Post

Reserve distance waiver.

I have been working with my recruiter since July of this year. We agreed on 03xx before I started the process. Sgt. calls me up on wed to tell me I'm going to meps(been trying to go since Aug, but he kept flaking). When I show up to his office, he gives me the ROEP form to sign. I read it carefully and discover a Motor T mos. I politely tell him 03xx or no go. He agrees and prints out a new one w/ 0341. We all hop in the van and drive to MEPS in SD. I take asvab(scored 77), and pass medical. He comes to me right before I'm set to meet with liaison and tells me that I gotta go Motor T. I brought up distance waiver and he said he'd check. Came out of the office less than 5min later and told me no. I am aware that the needs of the Corps come first, and I'm fine with that. I just feel like he is trying to stick me in motor t to meet a quota. To whom would I speak to(above recruiter) to see if I can get a distance waiver? Thank you for your time!

Start with his boss. You say he is a Sergeant. Go to the SNOIC of the office and speak to him. You need to go up the chain of command.

Thank you, sir! Would you happen to know if that waiver is through MEPS or RS?

Thread Information