Christmas Phone Call - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    In 1965 my entire Platoon at PI was allowed to call Home. The Senior took us all outside and while in Formation we were allowed to yell at the top of our lungs, "HOME". He then said now that you have called Home. Let's get back to what your here for....

I'll bet you get a call from him on Christmas!

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    I'll bet you get a call from him on Christmas!
    At least Christmas in on a Sunday too, and they will get to go to church. My son looked forward to church every Sunday. let us know if you get that call, would love to know!

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    In 1965 my entire Platoon at PI was allowed to call Home. The Senior took us all outside and while in Formation we were allowed to yell at the top of our lungs, "HOME". He then said now that you have called Home. Let's get back to what your here for....
    Similar experience...

1972 MCRD San Diego. We had been promised whomever shot expert at the range could call home. So, when we left the rifle range at Camp Pendleton and moved to Onofre for infantry training, our SDI had us climb Mount Motherfvcker and yell "here home, here home" while the rest of the platoon was sitting in formation down at the bottom smoking, laughing, and drinking water from their canteens. Gotta love those DI's for keeping their promises!

Back at the depot, one of our junior DI's would have his girlfriend (Sweetpea) drive her vehicle up to one of the fences. He would have us sit in a school circle while they smoked and chatted. Sweetpea always made it a point to wear the skimpiest outfit she could fit into (normally cutoff jeans, flipflops, and a tube top or halter top). I dreamed about Sweetpea many nights while at recruit training (as did everyone else I'm sure). Wish they had put a photo of her in our platoon yearbook.

There are at least a hundred other bootcamp stories I could tell...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Similar experience...

1972 MCRD San Diego. We had been promised whomever shot expert at the range could call home. So, when we left the rifle range at Camp Pendleton and moved to Onofre for infantry training, our SDI had us climb Mount Motherfvcker and yell "here home, here home" while the rest of the platoon was sitting in formation down at the bottom smoking, laughing, and drinking water from their canteens. Gotta love those DI's for keeping their promises!

(SNIP)
    I'll have to give my DIs credit. When they promised a phone call home for achieving a milestone, they kept their word, no games. They promised calls for acing the two written exams, high shooter, high PFT, and probably something else. I got the two extra calls for acing the exams. We were only on for about five-minutes, but it was better than a sharp stick in the eye. Or a trip to the top of Mount MF. I'd rather take the sharp stick.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    These Stories are great...Sweetpea, love it!! I remember my son telling me he saw his Killhat's wife at graduation and his 3 kids, and he said "She was so pretty and his kids were so cute, not how I pictured his personal life at all...I pictured him alone, in a trailor, cleaning his gun 24/7" maybe the way he said, but I thought that was funny. Keep the stories coming, I love hearing them!

Thread Information