Christmas Phone Call
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Phone Call

Hi All,

My son is presently a recruit at Parris Island and will be there over the Holidays. I have heard rumors that they will allow him to call call home on Christmas. Any know if this is true?

Thanks and Merry Christmas and Semper Fi
    Matt

Credits
    Savings
    Oh my. He is training to fight a war, in which case he will problably not even haveabed to sleep in or a warm meal, let alone a phone call, do you think that the Drill instructors are worried about a Phone Call on Christmas?

To answer yoru question, problably I got one when i went to boot camp on thanksgiving day however its up to his drill instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpasta View Post
    Hi All,

My son is presently a recruit at Parris Island and will be there over the Holidays. I have heard rumors that they will allow him to call call home on Christmas. Any know if this is true?

Thanks and Merry Christmas and Semper Fi
    Matt
    It is possible, but not a guarantee. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst! Nevermind any negativity. It is OK to hope your son will call on Christmas. As a Marine, I give you permission to love your son while he is away.

Merry Christmas

Credits
    Savings
    In 1965 my entire Platoon at PI was allowed to call Home. The Senior took us all outside and while in Formation we were allowed to yell at the top of our lungs, "HOME". He then said now that you have called Home. Let's get back to what your here for....

Maybe if he was in the army of none, if I was their DI they would bend and thrust until I got tired,Semper Fidelis.

I don't remember being allowed to call home. But then again, we graduated Dec 30th too. Hope it works out that he gets to. If even only for 2 minutes.

With todays generation, they'll probably get to text "Merry Christmas" on their smart phones.

Hope you get to hear from him even if it's only a couple words.

Well I Guess That Answers Your Question Sir

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Don't look for one!

We're new Marine parent's as well. The only phone call we got (and he was at Parris Island over Thanksgiving), was when he had messed up on the firing line, and was put back a week.

Other than that, it was letter's! Whether or not your potential Marine is permitted to call will depend on the Senior DI, and/or how the Platoon had done that week. There are many variable's concerning permission, especially in Boot Camp.

Our's is now in MCT in Camp Geiger, and was permitted a 20 minute phone call today. Unfortunately, his Blackberry is a piece of @#$%, and quickly lost power. Phone calls even in MCT are earned, and I believe earned on an individual basis (tests, field work, etc). Sometime's 1 or 2 can mess it up for the whole Platoon.

Sometime's, it's individual. It's entirely up to the Senior DI and his team.
    So, just write as many letter's as you can, send card's, and work on being there for Family Day and Graduation. And be prepared for a very hearty eating Marine! Our's ate, and ate and ate! And, he went to PT every day during his 10-day leave at the Recruiting offices.

And for Pete's sake, do not send him a Christmas present. Unless, of course, you want him "broken" in some manner.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    In 1965 my entire Platoon at PI was allowed to call Home. The Senior took us all outside and while in Formation we were allowed to yell at the top of our lungs, "HOME". He then said now that you have called Home. Let's get back to what your here for....

Classic!!

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Well at least Christmas is on a Sunday, and they will be able to attend some kind of Christmas Mass...The only phone call I got was that Liberty Sunday call after the Crucible, I still remember how hoasre he sounded... he was at boot over the 4th of July, but never did I expect a phone call. NOthing wrong with hoping! Good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post

I can't stop at laughing at this. Do DI's go to some special school that give them funny stuff to do?? My son has some of the best stories about his KillHat...he said his main goal was just to create chaos..I love hearing those stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    I can't stop at laughing at this. Do DI's go to some special school that give them funny stuff to do?? My son has some of the best stories about his KillHat...he said his main goal was just to create chaos..I love hearing those stories!
    They don't go to a special school for the funny stuff they are unique in their own way,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    They don't go to a special school for the funny stuff they are unique in their own way,Semper Fidelis.
    Well they are very unique indeed!! My son said his SDI was huge mentor to him, said he was like a Dad that you could go to with any problems, and ask questions. But he said, his KillHat and the Heavy were just crazy, and they scared the S**t out of him! lol

Thread Information