Wearing ribbons with cammies?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wearing ribbons with cammies?

I saw a news article today for the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade held on 12/7 at Pearl Harbor. In one of the pictures two Marines marching in the parade carrying a banner have their ribbons attached to the blouses of their camoflauge utilities. I never saw or heard of this in my time (92-96) in the Corps. I thought it was only for dress uniforms (blues/charlies/alphas/etc).

Is this new?

Do you have a link? Where did you see the article?

I found this on flickr, it's from the same parade. Looks like some ROTC group.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilabe...4559/lightbox/

I had a difference pic from the Boeing news which I can't send out, but it looks like the same folks. In my pic I could of swore they had what looked like an EGA on their cover. The pic was from the right which was why I didn't see the ROTC patch...

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I blew the flick up....the patch is on the left shoulder....

If not ROTC possibly Young Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's Young Marines.

Can't see the pic, but Young Marines are, in fact, authorized ribbons on their utility uniforms.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Holy catfish!! I don't think those kids have enough ribbons.

LOL. Yeah, they give 'em a LOT.

War heros,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Look at pitchers from the "Wall" and see all of them Viet-Vets with there ribbons on there Cammie's. Is anyone going to tell them to take them off?

What do Young Marines get ribbons for? Toilet training? Push ups? Standing at Paraide Rest? Wow! I know Generals who would be jealous of those racks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    What do Young Marines get ribbons for? Toilet training? Push ups? Standing at Paraide Rest? Wow! I know Generals who would be jealous of those racks.
    They're similar to the merit badges Boy Scouts get. YM is a good organization I think. My son was in it for a while, although he hated the regimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by kbay0351 View Post
    I saw a news article today for the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade held on 12/7 at Pearl Harbor. In one of the pictures two Marines marching in the parade carrying a banner have their ribbons attached to the blouses of their camoflauge utilities. I never saw or heard of this in my time (92-96) in the Corps. I thought it was only for dress uniforms (blues/charlies/alphas/etc).

Is this new?
    I dont see U.S Marines on those cammies. Plus the women on the right looks like she is itching her face on here shoulder.

What branch of service would wear utilities in a parade?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    I dont see U.S Marines on those cammies. Plus the women on the right looks like she is itching her face on here shoulder.

What branch of service would wear utilities in a parade?
    They are The Young Marines.
    http://www.youngmarines.com/

http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/pdf/Youn...s_Chairman.pdf

Thread Information