Medical discharge - opinions needed? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spoke with a buddy today at the VA that s a rater for Compensation claims. He said for you and your son to start compiling all medical records that you can find from his condition before he became a Marine. Getting a service connected claim for epilepsy when he had seizures as a child is an uphill battle.

To All My Brothers And Sisters Who Have Have Epilepsy Please Have Your Doctor Do Your Blood Levels Every 3-4 Month And Ask Some One To Godf Forbid If You Have A Seizure Time It Because Any Seizures Lasting More Than A Minute Is Very Dangerous.

Semper Fi And Godbless You All

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

concerned mom

hello my 18yr old son left for boot camp a little over a month ago (he has 32 days in) . i received a phone call stating he had been brought to a civilian hosputal because he had a hemoglobin of 3 along with pneumonia and flu. after a week of being in the hospital and many tests the Drs were still not able to determine why his hemoglobin was so low. he was discharged to the evaluation holding platoon which i was told will handle his follow up care (drs apts, tests etc) butim not sure what happens from here..does the civilian Dr or military Dr decide whether he is fit to continue?? and how long does this process take?? im concerned that during this process his hemohlobin may drop againesp because we dont know why it hapoened to begin with...please accept my apologies for rambling and typos im just extremely worried for him...doesnt help that there is no communication either..anyway i would appreciate any thoughts or help in tnis matter thank you

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry to hear but we are not Drs. here.

Please stay in contact with his physicians and his recruiter is also the best one to ask and stay in touch with for the Marine Corps question and answers part.

Every case is differant.

Best of luck and health to your son.

Thank you very much Sir

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your welcome but just call me Rocky and keep us updated on your sons progress please.

Thread Information