Supposed to ship yesterday, need a recruiter for help
Create Post

Supposed to ship yesterday, need a recruiter for help

Hello Marines,
    As you can tell from the title I went to Boston MEPS yesterday, and got sent home for a black eye. I have been in the DEP since July 15 and really can't believe they sent me home. Well according to the GySgt at my recruiting office, he says that I have a new ship date for June, but I am in the number one spot for backup. But what really I don't get is he is saying if I ship early my MOS, AG (Enlisted Aircrew Chief), will most likely not be open. I asked him what if i want to wait until June so I can have my MOS and he tells me "Your not waiting til June, were getting you out of here next month." I think he is saying this because it is better for HIM if I leave next month, not for me. I really want this job, there are not many open right now that interest me at ALL, especially if I leave on such a short notice. If I have to wait a few more months so be it that is fine, it gives me more time to train and learn my General Orders. What I really need to know though, is if I wait until June, will I still have my contract for AG? Just don't want to be lied to and tricked into leaving early if I know I can wait for my MOS. Thanks for your help, it will most likely only be able to be answered by a recruiter.

Could really use some insight from anyone, poolee or Marine, recruiter or not. Just what you guys think would be best if I really really want this MOS.

Maybe. Maybe not.

What I can say is that you definitely will not get the job you want if you just say "Get me on the plane as soon as you can." Wait a while and see what happens. It's much better to wait longer, even if the DEP sucks, than to end up in a job that you despise just because your recruiter wants to put you into the first opening that comes along.

If you want to gamble on what your job will be for the next 4+ years of your life go early. If you want your MOS than simply wait until june or whenever your new date is. The recruiter can't make you leave early. He can sound scary and stuff but he cannot force you to go.

Thank you both for the replies. It is really going to suck waiting another half a year but if it guarantees that I'll still have my job, I will wait. Do you know if there is a way to find out if it is still what my contract is under? Since I haven't signed any other job contracts they can't switch it on me correct?

It is something your going to have to talk to your recruiter about. Best bet is to talk to them. You really need to be an ally with your recruiter not an enemy. They certaintly arent looking for more poolees so your spot isn't set in stone.

Thread Information