FAST Co.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAST Co.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

FAST Co.

Talked to my son, and he found out where he will be going for his Security Force Deployment. He will be going to Spain! I told him that I am really excited and happy for him. He graduates on 12/22, and will get to come home for a 10 day leave also. Does anyone know if he will have additional Training for FAST Company?

Probably not going to get FAST Co. training unless he is assigned to FAST Co.

Is he with FAST?

Spain is a good duty spot though, but is he getting stationed in Spain or just visiting?

Credits
    Savings
    Yes he is with FAST Company, he said his Unit is Alpha 6, First Fast Company, and his deployment will be in Spain. He just doesn't know when he will leave yet...so was kind of wondering if he will have additional training for FAST company, he is finishing up his SF training.

If he is a new Marine, or will be a new Marine with FAST Co., then his training has just begun.

They'll get him up to speed pretty quickly once he gets settled into his platoon. And once they get him up to speed internally, then additional training opportunities will be out there.

Credits
    Savings
    IMHO
    Advise him to take advantage of all training he may have a choice in .

That one segment could very well serve him well somewhere down the road ---

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Wookie good to know. Yes he will be a new Marine, he is excited to get out of the "student status" and into a Unit. So how did you like Greece? My brother went to Greece with the Navy, and he loved it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    IMHO
    Advise him to take advantage of all training he may have a choice in .

That one segment could very well serve him well somewhere down the road ---
    I hope he will take advantage of any training that they have to offer for FAST, and I think he will. He wants to learn everything

Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    So how did you like Greece?
    It was terrible and I couldn't wait to come home.

Actually, when I was there I did come home, twice; for Rappel Master and then Army Airborne school.

Then I went back and hated life in Greece.

I hope he will take advantage of any training that they have to offer for FAST, and I think he will. He wants to learn everything
    He is about to get some of the most advanced special weapon and tactics training available. The type of training most Marines never see. He might not be shooting bad guys in the face, but next to that, the training FAST Company is immersed in is exactly why 99.99% of Marines join.

Hopefully he can stay focused, eager to learn, and humble -- and the sky is the limit.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    It was terrible and I couldn't wait to come home.

Actually, when I was there I did come home, twice; for Rappel Master and then Army Airborne school.

Then I went back and hated life in Greece.
    Haha..yeah I have hard time beleiveing that you hated Geece! Sounds like you have had a pretty amazing career with Marines, I bet you have some great stories!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    He is about to get some of the most advanced special weapon and tactics training available. The type of training most Marines never see. He might not be shooting bad guys in the face, but next to that, the training FAST Company is immersed in is exactly why 99.99% of Marines join.

Hopefully he can stay focused, eager to learn, and humble -- and the sky is the limit.
    Sounds like a great experience, I am really excited for him. He wanted Kings Bay GA at first, so he could go to school, I told him, you can always go to school not many 18 year olds get to go to Spain. One thing about him, is he is very humble, and grateful for everything that he has learned. He does get homesick, but I just remind of why he joined, and he snaps out of it. I let him vent, which is what he needs.

He wanted Kings Bay GA at first, so he could go to school
    Kings Bay and FAST --> especially FAST in Spain --- are polar opposites. Like most red blooded American men he probably joined the Corps to travel the world, meet exotic women, and kill terrorist - well, he gets two of the three right there in Spain. Definitely not in Georgia.

I agree with you when you tell him to go to Spain, and he'll be glad he did. Back when I reenlisted and was deciding where to go with security forces it was tossup between Spain, Greece and Rhode Island. The Rhode Island job was better on the surface, and close to home.

But I couldn't get Spanish and Greek women out of my mind. And I didn't want to be close to home,, cause I joined the Corps to travel the world and meet exotic women.

When time came to choose I quickly ruled out RI -- too close to home. So, I was gonna pick Spain, but the spot for an NCO filled over the weekend.

And all I was left, was stinking Greece.

Credits
    Savings

Smile

[quote=thewookie;825839]Kings Bay and FAST --> especially FAST in Spain --- are polar opposites. Like most red blooded American men he probably joined the Corps to travel the world, meet exotic women, and kill terrorist - well, he gets two of the three right there in Spain.

Yes!! Exactly what told him, I said I bet the women will be beautiful, and probably won't speak good English, so there are only a few other things that you can do with them, and he just laughed at me. I think after it soaks in, he will be extremely happy.

Come on, I bet you had a blast in Greece....like you said exotic Greek Women...you probably couldn't get enough! lol

Don't be surprised if he doesn't bring one of those exotic Spanish girls home with him. I brought an exotic Nicaraguan girl home with me when I was a Sergeant. She hung in there till my first unaccompanied 12 month tour to Okinawa, Japan. About the halfway point, she met Jody and that was that...occupational hazard (and her loss).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Don't be surprised if he doesn't bring one of those exotic Spanish girls home with him. I brought an exotic Nicaraguan girl home with me when I was a Sergeant. She hung in there till my first unaccompanied 12 month tour to Okinawa, Japan. About the halfway point, she met Jody and that was that...occupational hazard (and her loss).
    Sorry to hear that, and defnitely her loss! All I can hope for is that he enjoys his time there, and does not want to bring any exotic women home with him....but with the way their economy is now, there are probably plenty of young exotic women looking for a handsome Marine...just not my son! haha

Thread Information