Married marines forced to eat chow hall - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    uh oh...............(taking cover) Somebody better move it to the Hooch before the Nam boys get here.

Still waiting for the OP to thank us all for such sage counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    Still waiting for the OP to thank us all for such sage counsel.
    I think he's ducking for cover. Maybe when he gets his head up he'll provide the props.

Credits
    Savings
    I cant believe this, your problably one of those married Marines thats in my squad that likes to complain when i make you stay over on thursday and help barracks Marines clean the barracks huh,

Well let me tell you its worth every penny to see what a mans worth when it comes to the duties that arnt important to him, Its the United States Marine Corps, we sleep in mud, if we get to sleep, and we kick doors in when were told.. appearntly you think that life is rough you sound like this generations version of an Air Winger.

Get a life boot and do what your command says, if you dontlike it get out, will just leave more cots for me and my brothers.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Going back to your post,#57, Reservist. I've never heard a Marine veteran of this generation, say they ever went hungry. What I would like to know is what kind of support do you need to kick a door in?

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Tha Chow in tha BRIG,was Lean and Mean...Bread,Lettuce & Water,That was after having Din Din eating out The Ossifers Wives when their Men were on War Games...Eatin out at tha Y...Was worth doin 29 Day's in tha BRIG...Semper Ho Ho Ho...With all Due Respect
    Lmfao,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Going back to your post,#57, Reservist. I've never heard a Marine veteran of this generation, say they ever went hungry. What I would like to know is what kind of support do you need to kick a door in?
    When I first joined, the senior Marines who were in the initial push to Baghdad talked about how they had to carefully ration chow because of the importance to get bullets and gear to the front superceded that of the chow.

When I went, we would have to run missions where we would be out for a couple of days and during that time would have to go on the minimal food of what we could carry on our person / in our vics.

Talking with Marines who have been to Afghanistan, they said that due to the dangerousness of resupplying and setting up in new AO's, they would have to ration their food in order to conserve it.

The actual act of kicking in a door doesn't require much support unless you have a engineer using a donut charge to blow the door apart or an MP with a K9 who lets the dog loose after the door is kicked down. An MP with a explosive sniffing K9 is valuable when checking if a house could be boobytrapped. A tank or a track to knock down the wall or gate.

The support I was talking about was ensuring that Marines on the front had the proper gear and supplies that they needed. The enablers i.e. intel, MPs, engineers, EOD have become very valuable in Iraq and Afghanistan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get youself a nice sugar tit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    I guess this must be the generational shift that's occurred from yesteryear to today.

As the Marines from this generation want to be the one's who are dirty, hungry while kicking in doors (or providing the best support for those that do) in afghanistan or iraq compared to I guess what the yesteryear Marines want of looking good on a poster.

Today's Marines want to be like -

Caring more about the battlefield then having hands in the pocket or low regs.
    LOL, hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    I cant believe this, your problably one of those married Marines thats in my squad that likes to complain when i make you stay over on thursday and help barracks Marines clean the barracks huh,

Well let me tell you its worth every penny to see what a mans worth when it comes to the duties that arnt important to him, Its the United States Marine Corps, we sleep in mud, if we get to sleep, and we kick doors in when were told.. appearntly you think that life is rough you sound like this generations version of an Air Winger.

Get a life boot and do what your command says, if you dontlike it get out, will just leave more cots for me and my brothers.
    Im a winger, and I am awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Im a winger, and I am awesome.
    Not a winger but mostly stationed at El Toro. I was squared away, busted my butt at my job, bunch of meritorious promotions, blah, blah, blah. But one day I found out I was just a shiot bird. I was putting my cammies on after working out at the gym, and those old freaking green wool socks we had made my feet sweat and itch like crazy. So...I just wore a pair of athletic socks. But, but, they were WHITE athletic socks, and some MSgt who knew squat about me determined that since I had those unauthorized socks on, I must have been a shiot bird SSgt. Never understood stupidity like that. He said, well, put the wool socks over the top. Yeah, right, that would work well.

Not a winger but mostly stationed at El Toro. I was squared away, busted my butt at my job, bunch of meritorious promotions, blah, blah, blah. But one day I found out I was just a shiot bird. I was putting my cammies on after working out at the gym, and those old freaking green wool socks we had made my feet sweat and itch like crazy. So...I just wore a pair of athletic socks. But, but, they were WHITE athletic socks, and some MSgt who knew squat about me determined that since I had those unauthorized socks on, I must have been a shiot bird SSgt. Never understood stupidity like that. He said, well, put the wool socks over the top. Yeah, right, that would work well.
    Rules and thinking for ourselves override common sense. That is the way of the Corps.

Ahhh go ahead and stand around dude, it teaches patience. But does nothing for initiative.

Snap to when you get out the Corps, because non-government employers tend to make payroll on productive workers only

A Master Sergeant told you to do it, so you obviously wore white athletic socks underneath your wool socks, right?

Otherwise, I feel like I've been lied to about how the Marines of last generation were perfectly obedient and so much better as the USMC was run as a "military organization" compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    Otherwise, I feel like I've been lied to about how the Marines of last generation were perfectly obedient and so much better as the USMC was run as a "military organization" compared to now.
    Welcome to reality. Congratulations on putting down the kool-aid. Mr. Jim Jones no longer has any use for you in his society.

Thread Information