Married marines forced to eat chow hall
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Married marines forced to eat chow hall

I want to know can your chain of command force you to eat at a chow hall if your married. We have the choice but if we dont go to the chow hall after our 0530 company formation we have to go straight to the motor pool and stand around until 0645, are they allowed to do that?

Forgot to add

Out time for chow is chow hall only no other options.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They aren't forcing you to eat at the chow hall. Eat at home before you go to work. So then stand around at the motor pool. Take a book. What's the big deal?

It could always be worse,Carry On,Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You already answered your question....so how are they forcing you?

You have a choice....

When I was in company formation started the workday for all.

Then you went to work on the POD....

If you ain't hungry where else would you go at 0530 except to your appointed place of duty?

Three hots and a cot..... gotta love the benefits

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1ld0g1775 View Post
    I want to know can your chain of command force you to eat at a chow hall if your married. We have the choice but if we dont go to the chow hall after our 0530 company formation we have to go straight to the motor pool and stand around until 0645, are they allowed to do that?
    I'm telling you brother, that's a tough choice to have to make. I can remember times, we would have gave a years pay, to have a chow hall to eat in. I can't believe a Marine has to wonder, if his Command can force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

WOW!?!? How long did it take you to complete bootcamp?

Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like your Command dosent want you to get "lost" or arrive late at your duty station.

Can they tell you exactly what is required ? YES
    Do you have an option ? This is a bonus !

Really? Your command offers you the opportunity to eat in the chow hall, as required by law. But if you choose not to go, they can tell you were you are going to be. It is still a dictatorship not a democracy. Of all the things to complain about..........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Very interesting thread. Hard to believe that the Corps would have someone stand around Motor T. Sounds like things got a lot tougher since the mid-1960s.
    Yeah, in my day they'd make us PM trucks instead of "standing around."

Back to the old addage,

IF THEY WANTED YOU TO HAVE A WIFE, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ISSUED.
    PROABALY GREEN SIDE OUT.

Daniel, unrelated question, but your profile indicates you joined in 2009. Why are you still an E-1 if you joined in 2009?

Back to your question, "forced" is an odd word. I think "order" or "lawfully order" might fit better.

In answer to your specific question, you have an 0530 formation, after which you go to the chow hall to eat, and if you do not want to eat, you can go stright to motor pool and wait for those who are eating.

Can they give you these two options? Is it a lawful order? Sounds like it to me, but as USMC1963 said, if in doubt, go to JAG. They might toss you out on your head or other anatomy, too.

Actually, you sound pretty fortunate. It would be lawful for those who do not go to chow to then have to police the area, pick up cigarette butts, field day the heads, polish brass, etc.

If you're thinking it's unfair...don't even go there. You are a Marine, buck up!

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acg8276 View Post
    WOW!?!? How long did it take you to complete bootcamp?
    For some it still takes 2 hours just to watch "60" minutes.... LMFAO....

10-4, I had same question in my mind as MOS4429 had about his rank, if we have a retread it might explain it. And why the guy doesn't understand what he's gotten himself into. I'd being willing to bet the question came from his wife.

My advice, bring chow if you don't want chow hall food, but personally, I miss the chow hall, where else are you gonna get eggs made to order, and an unlimited amount for $4.25?

Thread Information