HEads Up
Create Post

Thread: HEads Up

HEads Up

HEy all, I am going to talk to my recruiter on Saturday for the first time. I plan to sign the papers on Sat. also, I was wanting to get the heads up from anyone here when asking if I would have any say as to when my ship date will be. For instance, I am in college, and I want to ship in early May since we get done Apr. 30th. Thanks all

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    #1. You cannot sign an enlistment contract in the Recruiting office. That can only be done at MEPS (AFEES for the old Corps).

#2 To a degree, you are in the driver's seat. You can justify "Not before 30 April." Any date after that, is negotiable.

Thanks

Thanks alot FirstSgtMike, I would have asked my bro but he is deployed in Japan right now, its hard to get ahold of him. THanks to everyone on this site, you all have been very helpful, I hope to take alot of the knowledge I have learned here into boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FirstSgtMike is on top of his game!

Enlisting is more than just "saying I do" in the recruiter's office. There is a process to GAIN ACCEPTANCE into the Corps. It is never a sure thing. You can Request a date for training after the semester ends. Be sure your recruiter gets a copy of your transcripts so you can see if you are entitled to a promotion when you ship to training. Also, you may want to inquire into all the different programs that exist in order to make the right choice for you. You may be interested in Active Duty, Reserves or maybe even an Officer Program. Get all the facts and make a decision that is best for you. Good luck and looking forward to having you on the team.

SF,

SIXGUNS

Thread Information