Age, when to talk to a recruiter.
Create Post

Age, when to talk to a recruiter.

Hello Marines. This isnt a normal question. Why do Marines on this sight inform younger guys such as myself to wait to speak with recruiters untill your 17-18? Im happy I was introduced at 16 while I was a sophmore. I feel that pt wise I will be in great shape. Ive heard people lose motivation and die out. Are those not the people you dont want? It seems like a no brainer, DONT get in trouble. Graduate. But some people have grand ideas that they can just pick up a waiver for it. I understand theres a sticky for it but I feel a 16 17 year old would read this type of thead before that why not combine? I dont want to disrespect any Marines. I just thought ide view the counter arguement.

#2 I realize there isnt a sticky for this yet. If there is I must be blind. I think it might be helpfull to be able to read a sticky about when to talk to a recruiter and what I can do to better myself while preparing at the same time. If this is not my place to suggest then please disregard.

Show some initiative by doing a search either here on Leatherneck or google.

By federal law (10 U.S.C., 505), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).

The Delayed Enlistment Program (DEP)
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep.htm

What the Recruiter Never Told You

Introduction
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini.../recruiter.htm

Frequently Asked Questions
    http://www.marines.com/main/faq

Quote Originally Posted by Guest110 View Post
    Hello Marines. This isnt a normal question. Why do Marines on this sight inform younger guys such as myself to wait to speak with recruiters untill your 17-18? Im happy I was introduced at 16 while I was a sophmore. I feel that pt wise I will be in great shape. Ive heard people lose motivation and die out. Are those not the people you dont want? It seems like a no brainer, DONT get in trouble. Graduate. But some people have grand ideas that they can just pick up a waiver for it. I understand theres a sticky for it but I feel a 16 17 year old would read this type of thead before that why not combine? I dont want to disrespect any Marines. I just thought ide view the counter arguement.

#2 I realize there isnt a sticky for this yet. If there is I must be blind. I think it might be helpfull to be able to read a sticky about when to talk to a recruiter and what I can do to better myself while preparing at the same time. If this is not my place to suggest then please disregard.
    There is nothing wrong at all presenting a counter argument, but before you decide to do so, you should first make sure it, No. 1, is a cogent argument; No. 2, in order to lend credibility to your argument, and in order to be taken with a grain of salt, demonstrate more intelligence by employing proper grammar and spelling. Your "counter argument" is full of run on sentences and sentence fragments in addition to numerous spelling errors.

isnt
    on this sight
    untill
    your 17-18
    Im
    Ive
    dont
    DONT
    theres a sticky
    read this type of thead before that why not combine? (Nonsensical.)
    I dont
    I just thought ide view (huh)
    arguement

Young people often change their mind and recruiters are very busy and don't want to spend their valuable time with people that won't be enlisting soon.

Plus, by law they aren't allowed to do much for someone under age 16. And, as the Captain stated, young people change their minds far too often for them to waste time talking to them a LOT. Esp. when they could be talking to someone they could enlist 'now' as opposed to 'maybe in a year or two'.

I don't fault you for the question, however.

Thread Information