my father
Create Post

Thread: my father

my father

My father passed away his obit is below. He was a Sergeant in the Marines. If anyone was in the service with him I'd really like to hear from you. gtrundel@yahoo.com

Obituary for William Curtis Rundel
    1922 - 2011

Visitation:
    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
    Newcomer Funeral Home & Cremation Services
    131 North Canton RD
    Akron, OH 44305 330-784-3334
    Directions & Map
    Service:
    Monday, April 25, 2011 11:00 AM
    Newcomer Funeral Home & Cremation Services
    131 North Canton RD
    Akron, OH 44305 330-784-3334
    Directions & Map
    Interment:
    Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery
    10175 Rawiga Road, Rittman, OH, 44270
    William C. Rundel
    William C. Rundel, 88, passed away April 21, 2011 surrounded by his loving family. He is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, serving during World War II, survived Iwo Jima and was a Purple Heart recipient. William was a life time member of the VFW, D.A.V., the Moose, and the American Legion. He retired from the Ford Motor Co. after 30 years of service. William is survived by his loving wife of 38 years, Emogene; children, Kurt (Jackie) Rundel, William (Linda) Rundel, Gary (Sue) Rundel, Teresa (Lee) Reiman, Robert (Lynda) Imhoff, and Sharon Csoltka; 16 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; sisters, Lois McKenna, Jeanie Rundel, and Marion (Joe) Graham; and many other loving family members and friends. Calling hours will be held Monday, April 25, from 9 am to 11 am at Newcomer Funeral Home, 131 N. Canton Rd., Akron, where a service will follow with Pastor Robert Webb officiating. Burial at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery.

Only knew him as a Brother Marine. You can be assured that he is with the best of company guarding the gates. I can't be there for the memorial but if you could Please pass along SEMPER FI brother Rest in Peace.

Rest in Peace Brother,Semper Fidelis.

My condolences on your great loss. Semper Fi, tom

Sorry To Hear About Father My He Rest In Peace> I Am Honored And Humble To Speak To A Son Of An American Hero. May God Richley Bless You And Your Family And May He Craddle Your Father In His Arms.

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Rest in Peace Brother Marine.May GOD watch over you and Your Family.SEMPER FI

Our sympathy in the loss of your father.

Ray & Helen

Thanks for the website. When I try to view the individual reports it brings me to the Vietnam Center and Archives website but doesn't display any information. I was able to find a website that had the Command Chronologies where I saw my Dad's name listed as a commander for 3rd Antitank Bn Co A 1st Platoon from May 1967 until Oct 1967 at which time he was reassigned to Co C 5th Platoon.

I would like to see the After Action Reports you mentioned to see if they had any information concerning my Dad.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Thread Information