Can I change to aircrew program code?
Create Post

Can I change to aircrew program code?

I just did my 2nd attempt at a job request today and finally signed a contract for an MOS field: 72XX -- Air Control/Air Support/Anti-air Warfare/Air Traffic Control and 73XX --Navigation Officer/Enlisted Flight Crews. Forgot the program code for it, but these fields are inside Aviation Opertations.

However, I am still anxious because I want to hold an MOS for aircrew (in-flight) or at least an enlisted air gunner. Not until I got home did I find out about "program codes" and learned that there is an aircrew program code
    (AG) Enlisted Aircrew field.

I've been to About.com's enlisted job menu numerous times before, and the only aircrew job I saw in the 72/73 field is temporary MOS 7312. I know About.com is out-dated and the Corps does not guarantee specific MOS,but I want to spend my enlistment operating and maintaining aircraft in flight, and not just a ground mechanic. I've always thought MOS fields 61/62 offered the best variety for aircrew positions, but my recruiter said it was never avaliable during my attempts.

I feel really guility for demanding specific things from the Corps, but the job is the only thing I am very stern about. Can I change to aircrew and will it **** off my recruiter if I ask?

The program code for that is AJ, which is the one I signed. With that contract you will most definitely not get any type of air crew. Most people with that contract get either 7242, 7234, and 7251. Possibly 7212 if you are unlucky(it sounds cool but it is not at all). I'm a 7242 if you have any questions in that field, message me.

As for going to the recruiter to get it changed, yes the recruiter will be upset because that means more work for him. If this is something you feel strong about then being persistent is the only way it will happen. However, keep in mind the Marine Corps is not hurting for bodies so he may tell you to take it or leave it. Whichever is more important is up to you.

Thanks for replying!

Can I settle it with my recruiter's boss instead (MSgt)? During my first attempt, I was offered the same job by MSgt, but I did not sign it (should've stayed that way...).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LastXdeth View Post
    Thanks for replying!

Can I settle it with my recruiter's boss instead (MSgt)? During my first attempt, I was offered the same job by MSgt, but I did not sign it (should've stayed that way...).
    Start with your recruiter and give him a chance to do it. If he doesn't want to, tell him you are going to his boss and do it at that level. Get used to operating through a chain-of-command.

The MOS code for Aircrew is 8973 I thought...

I'm a 6173 (CH53E Crewcheif) Bad ass job. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
    The MOS code for Aircrew is 8973 I thought...

I'm a 6173 (CH53E Crewcheif) Bad ass job. Good luck.
    The crew chief is a member of an aircrew. They're part of EOP -AG - AIRCREW/FLIGHT MECHANIC/NAVIGATOR (MOS 6100, 6200, 7300).

Thread Information