Military channel 'Top Ten Comat Rifles'.... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    Can anyone tell me what size round that the M1 or M2 Carbine fired?
    I know that it was 30 cal but was it 762.33 or something else?
    Your memory hasn't failed you. It's 7.62X33.

.30-06 Springfield (7.62x63mm)
    7.62x51mm NATO
    (.308 Winchester) (Used by the U.S. Navy and some commercial companies to modernize the M1 and increase performance)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've been fortunate to have been able to shoot all of those listed weapons. It is my opinion that it is difficult to rate those weapons like that without breaking them down into bolt-action, semi-auto, and full-auto categories.

Personally, out of the bunch, I am an M-14 fan. But then I went through boot camp with it and shot competition with it. I would prefer a pistol-gripped stock on it, but that would be easily fixed with an after-market item. I did not like the M-14 on full-auto, however. I own an HK-91 which I like very much.

In the bolt-action group I would prefer the Springfield. I just like the feel of it better than the 98K and the SMLE. Although I own a 98K and not a Springfield. Couldn't say no to a $50 rifle made in 1937 with all of the proper Wehrmacht cartouche marks and in very good condition.

For full-auto, depending on the ranges involved, I would take the AK-47 if shooting was 200M and closer (specifically the AKM with folding stock).

Credits
    Savings
    Size of round on M 1 ?
    BFR

stopping power x 5

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    i own a springfield...great hunting rifle....i packed an M14 and so did many who walked point in Bco...prefering the knockdown power and reliability...i packed 8 extra magazines and more then a cupple hundred extra rounds of ammo.....i liked that i could barrow ammo from the 60mm guns...also could put out a full mag on full auto....may not have been the moste acuret but did put up enough fire power to get the squad/plt out of ambush more the a few times....

When I watched it yesterday the M1 was rated as number 4. Of course my thoughts are that it should be number 1, but that's just my opinion.

Thread Information