Mos Start Delay
Create Post

Thread: Mos Start Delay

Mos Start Delay

Hi this is Sandy proud Mom
    My son finished Mct and now is at Mos School but he tells me that school
    is backed up so that he won't start until after Christmas. He is trying to get RA but there seems to be a lack of communication between the powers that be. My son tells me that he is in a pit platooon and is waiting basically in limbo until he finds out if he will be able to do RA if not what happens to him until school begins?What is the proceedure when you MOS school is delayed. Thanks to anyone who can educate me on this ..

Quote Originally Posted by sandy proud mom View Post
    What is the proceedure when you MOS school is delayed. Thanks to anyone who can educate me on this ..
    The schoolhouse will generally have their own policy. It's not a Corps wide policy for folks like him. His best bet is to use his local chain of command. Start low and work up, but it sounds like he's trying that.

Worst case, he must have a company GySgt or a 1st Sgt that probably has an open door policy, and if he does it the right way, he can ask them to help. But he runs the risk of p1ssing somebody off if he goes up the chain without prior approval.

Thing is, too -- this time of year his chain of command is probably dealing with lots of Marines awaiting training and each one has a separate request that takes time and logistics to deal with.

What school is he at and where?

He is at Fort Geiger at Virgina Beach ,he is going to school for Intel, He has been going thru the chain of command and he is a little worried that he does not **** anyone off. Just a waiting to know if he can come down early.

He is at Fort Geiger at Virgina Beach ,he is going to school for Intel, He has been going thru the chain of command and he is a little worried that he does not **** anyone off. Just a waiting to know if he can come down early.
    Oh, he's on Dam Neck - nice place, I was stationed their for two years.

BTW it is Camp Geiger and that is where he was last -- MCT -- in North Carolina.

Now, if he is in VA Beach at Intel school he's on Dam Neck.

Tell him good luck, thanks for his service, and stay out of trouble. No sense in loosing that MOS for something stooopid.

Good luck.

Thank you , We are very proud of him ,I think he is tired of of telling him to keep on the straight and don't get into any trouble Lol. Ian is a good young man ,this has been his dream for as long as he was a little boy. Have a great day and be blessed.
    Sandy.

don't get into any trouble
    I would guess, (and having worked at a schoolhouse I know) more Marines get in trouble awaiting training/at schoolhouses, more than any other place/situation.

Idle hands is the devils workshop is what they say, and idle Marines love to play!

Good luck, thank you.

Your welcome. bye

Credits
    Savings
    My son is at MCT (Camp Geiger) and his MOS contract is 60XX, 61XX, or 62XX and he is supposed to go to Pensacola but he heard that they are so backed up that they are sending all the air guys to San Diego instead of making them wait at Pensacola. He is not sure of the truth of that - anyone have a clue?

As a general rule, schoolhouses will not convene until they have enough students to compile a complete class. Sometimes this can take a month or more depending on the class size and time of year. School schedules are prepared in advance for the holidays (they deal with it every year) so there has to be procedures in place to request leave/RA if applicable. A simple visit to the operations/admin shop should be all it takes to get the answers (I was the operations chief for the Marine Security Guard school in Quantico).

Thread Information