Migraines
Create Post

Thread: Migraines

Migraines

Good evning ladys and gentalmen. I am currently at SOI west I have been having migraine head aches with Aura. I went to Medical for it and was put on Nortripyline for them. I have been having anywhere from 3-5 a week and my body pretty much shuts down when im having one. I have a passed history of Migraines from a Compressed skull fracture and surgery back in 1999. Last time I was treated for these it was 2003. I have a folow up tomorrow. Do any of you think they will try to discharge me for this? Ido Not want to be discharged. WHat do you think the DOC at BAS say?

Thank you- PFC Laws

Credits
    Savings
    From my experience he is going to say. Here's a motrin and some water

Find a good chiropractor. Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    From my experience he is going to say. Here's a motrin and some water
    This ^ That is, if it's your first time seeing this doc.. the good docs that actually take you typically are in the schoolhouse or the fleet. (No offense to any docs out there, but typically for actual treatment that requires time, I'd deal with those ones) I knew a guy that had this problem, and I myself even had to get a waiver for this. They wont discharge you unless it's been awhile that you've had the same problems and they can't seem to fix it. Once you get to the schoolhouse it starts to be a long battle if they're gonna med sep you, there are a lot of lances in schoolhouses that are there for a very long time due to this. I know a guy that was in pensacola for 2 years waiting to get results and trying to get out.

It's all a case by case basis, everyone's different...

tl;dr version: Get through SOI and get to the schoolhouse/fleet, see the docs there, they'll do a much better job.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Good evning ladys and gentalmen. I am currently at SOI west I have been having migraine head aches with Aura. I went to Medical for it and was put on Nortripyline for them. I have been having anywhere from 3-5 a week and my body pretty much shuts down when im having one. I have a passed history of Migraines from a Compressed skull fracture and surgery back in 1999. Last time I was treated for these it was 2003. I have a folow up tomorrow. Do any of you think they will try to discharge me for this? Ido Not want to be discharged. WHat do you think the DOC at BAS say?

Thank you- PFC Laws
    Looks like you need to change your status from poolee to Marine,Semper Fidelis.

Take a couple of APC's and continue to march.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Had a Young Lance Coolie in My unit back in tha World that would constantly Complain 'bout really Bad Headaches.They labeled Him a Scater and Sick Bay Commando! Tried Hanging Himself with His FartSack,then when they sent Him too Bethesda they found a Tumor tha Sz.of an Egg at tha base His Brain.He was medically Discharged.GoodLuck

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Misspelled SKATER-Oh and His Name wasn't Charlie Whitman either

I have no headache pain but I do have what you might mean as an "aura"

I had my first back in 1992, and didn't have another until my wife replaced the bulb in my desk lamp with one of the new florescent bulbs. I started having "Optical Migraines" daily. I got rid of the bulb, and I've only had two in the two month since.

There may be some connection. They are no doubt caused by pressure in the brain against a nerve, probably where a vein is incontact with the optical nerve. I notice that the flash in the same rhythem as my heartbeat.

My doc was concerned and sent me for a brain scan, but no results that explained it.

One of my first patients was an Army vet that fell off a barn roof and landed on the side of his head and neck. He told me that he had a migraine headache weekly for the last fifteen years.

After I adjusted his neck and upper back, his headaches stopped.

Try chiropractic care.

I will keep a good thought for you Marine.

Semper Fi,

Dr. Tom

Thread Information