0913 Mos
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 0913 Mos

0913 Mos

How would I be able to enlist and select Marines Combat Instructor for my MOS?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post

You can't. That MOS isn't a primary, but a "B" Billet MOS like Drill Instructor, MSG, Recruiting, etc.

You have to have time in, apply, be selected, pass the school. How could you expect to be a combat instructor with no experience in the Corps?

Why are you qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Why are you qualified?
    Zulu and thewookie....you stole my thunder.

To the OP.....I think you have the tail wagging the horse here.
    First things first (zulu comments)....you have much to learn yet so maybe talk to your recruiter and determine if you are even qualified to be a recruit Marine.
    Then maybe a recruiter will tell you what the USMC needs and you can decide from that juncture.

I'd suggest that your profile needs work also.

That's my take on it.....good luck.

Carry on....

Why are you qualified?
    I didn't say I was qualified. I want to be a Combat Instructor for my career. I'm a civilian still, looking at the Marines for my future. If you will read my post thoroughly, I was inquiring how to get that MOS, not posting my resume for a job interview.

Last edited by MisterD; 12-01-11 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

I didn't say I was qualified. I want to be a Combat Instructor for my career. I'm a civilian still, looking at the Marines for my future. If you will read my post thoroughly, I was inquiring how to get that MOS, not posting my resume for a job interview.
    Yeah, I can read. Don't get smart with me.

"If I read your post thoroughly," really, your one sentence post. Clown.

My question still remains why are you qualified? You are not. The reason why I asked with my first post, before jumping on your case, was I was hoping maybe you would say you were some prior service guy with soooome type of combat experience, but you are not. You are a smart-azz nobody.

So why in the world would the worlds finest fighting force take a nobody and have them teach combat?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Nobody gets this MOS for a career. It is a "B" Billet. You normally work in it for three-years then return to your primary MOS. You MIGHT get a second crack at it later, but more than likely as a SNCO supervising the instructors.

Yeah, I can read. Don't get smart with me.

"If I read your post thoroughly," really, your one sentence post. Clown.

My question still remains why are you qualified? You are not. The reason why I asked with my first post, before jumping on your case, was I was hoping maybe you would say you were some prior service guy with soooome type of combat experience, but you are not. You are a smart-azz nobody.

So why in the world would the worlds finest fighting force take a nobody and have them teach combat?
    Christ you don't know how to read. That's what I want to do for my career. All I did was ask a question because that's what I'm interested in doing. What was so wrong about that? I don't want to run in and start that my first day, obviously I would need lots of training to do that job efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Nobody gets this MOS for a career. It is a "B" Billet. You normally work in it for three-years then return to your primary MOS. You MIGHT get a second crack at it later, but more than likely as a SNCO supervising the instructors.
    Thank you. Basically it would be like the Drill Instructor thing where you do it for a period of time and then resume your regular MOS? At least someone on here tries to help instead of criticize for no reason.

Try reading your first post again,,, you said enlist and select CI -- you didn't say anything about being a CI down the road.

Enlist and select CI MOS -- not happening.

Try reading your first post again,,, you said enlist and select CI -- you didn't say anything about being a CI down the road.

Enlist and select CI MOS -- not happening.
    Yes, how would I be able to get combat instructor for my MOS, I've done enough reasearch to know it wouldn't just be a walk in there and train recruits sort of thing.
    If the whole argument thing is because you thought I meant I should just get to be a teacher without learning anything myself I apologize. I didn't mean to say that but that's apparently how it came off.

Yes, how would I be able to get combat instructor for my MOS, I've done enough reasearch to know it wouldn't just be a walk in there and train recruits sort of thing.
    If the whole argument thing is because you thought I meant I should just get to be a teacher without learning anything myself I apologize. I didn't mean to say that but that's apparently how it came off.
    Good luck. Be clear with what you want and how you say it.

I'm not the only person who thought what I thought - if that makes any sense.

Good luck. Be clear with what you want and how you say it.

I'm not the only person who thought what I thought - if that makes any sense.
    Yeah, I saw chulaivet1966's post as well. I just skipped over it since it really had no relevance. Obviously I am qualified to be a Marine otherwise I wouldn't be enlisting this coming summer. I'm talking to recruiters almost weekly only thing I need to do before then is get my high school diploma which I will have before February is over.

Christ you don't know how to read. That's what I want to do for my career. All I did was ask a question because that's what I'm interested in doing. What was so wrong about that? I don't want to run in and start that my first day, obviously I would need lots of training to do that job efficiently.
    Bahaha I think someone is gonna get booted from the site for this smartass post.

Plus you cannot be a Combat Instructor as a career. It's not a career MOS. As others said, you will be in this MOS for 3 years at most, then go back to something else.

Also if you have no combat experience in the Infantry, how do you think the Marine Corps will allow you to be a 0913? Think genius...

Thread Information