MARINES

I like the fact that if you are a self-declared enemy of America, running into a Marine outfit in combat is your worst nightmare... And that your health record is either about to get a lot thicker, or be closed out entirely.

I like the fact that Marines are steadfast and consistent in everything they do... Regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

I like the fact that Marines view the term 'politically correct' with nothing but pure disdain.

I like the fact that Marines stand tall and rigid in their actions, thoughts, and deeds when others bend with the direction of the wind and are as confused as a dog looking at a ceiling fan.

I like the fact that each and every Marine considers the honor and legacy of The Corps as his personal and sacred trust to protect and defend.

I like the fact that most civilians don't have a clue what makes us tick and that's not a bad thing because if they did, it would probably scare the Hell out of them.

I like the fact that others say they want to be like us, but don't have what it takes in the Pain-Gain-Pride department to make it happen.

I like the fact that the Marines came into being in a bar, named Tun Tavern. and that Marines still gather in pubs, bars and slop chutes to share sea stories and
hot scoop.

I like the fact that Marines do not consider it a coincidence that there are 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.. because Marines know there is a reason for everything that happens.

I like our motto... SEMPER FIDELIS, and the fact that we don't shed it when the going gets tough, the battlefield gets deadly or when we hang up our
uniform for the last time.

I like the fact that Marines take care of each other... In combat and time of peace.

I like the fact that Marines know the difference between 'Chicken Salad' and 'Chicken ****' and aren't afraid to call either for what it is.

I like the fact that the people of America hold Marines in the highest esteem And that they know that they can count on us to locate, close with, and destroy those who would harm them.

I like the fact that people think we are cocky.... yet we know that we have confidence in everything we do and the fact that they don't know the taste of that makes them look at us as if we are arrogant.

I like that fact that we know the taste of freedom and would give our very lives for it. And that it is a taste the protected will ever know.

I like the fact that Ronald Reagan said... 'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference... Marines don't have that problem!'

I like the fact that we are brothers to the end.... And that no matter what happens in life, we know that we have one another's 'six'.

I like the fact that an elected member of Congress felt compelled to publicly accuse the Marine Corps of being 'radical and extreme'.

I also like the fact that our Commandant informed that member of Congress that she was absolutely correct and that he passed on his thanks for the
compliment.

I like the fact that Marine leaders - of every rank - know that issuing every man and woman a black beret - or polka-dotted boxer shorts for that matter, - does absolutely nothing to promote morale, fighting spirit or combat effectiveness.

I like the fact that Marines are Marines first... regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, and national origin, or how long they served, their former rank, or what goals they achieve in life.

I like Marines...and I love the fact that I am humbled to walk among the ranks of other Marines.

I like the fact that you always know where you stand with a Marine. With Marines, there is no middle ground or gray area. There are only Missions, Objectives and Facts.
In closing...if you aren't a Marine, the next best thing is to have a Marine for a husband, wife, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, best friend, or friend.

SEMPER FIDELIS

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! ~ Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945