Is a parachute rigger a possibility in the Corps?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Is a parachute rigger a possibility in the Corps?

Is a parachute rigger a possibility in the Corps and if so what is the MOS called and is it easy to obtain , and what is the asvab score for this job?

Yes, 0451 is the MOS. Now that you have that knowledge, I'll let you do the research for the requirements.

Argh, I had a lengthy thing typed up but it went up in flames.

In short, I actually just came from where you'd be training if you were a rigger: Fort Lee, Virginia. (I'm not a rigger though, different MOS at the same place)

Here's how the process for riggers usually work out:
    1. Be placed into MAT Plt (Marines Awaiting Training) and wait to get picked up for jump school
    2. Come back and qualify for "stuff" (swimming is one of them)
    3. Jump back into MAT Plt and wait to get picked up for Rigger School which lasts somewhere between 4-6 months

All in all, you'll be waiting there for a good amount of time, but hey good luck if that's what you want.

Your GT score has to be at least 100. For the MOS's they go by the line scores (in the asvab) not the asvab score. In the USMC for job availability and promotions- it is all a numbers game given you qualify. If they have too many 0451's when you enlisted, chances are you won't get the MOS.

Any Marine Riggers looking for a job? I am hiring!

Yes the Corps has Riggers and yes its a great career! I was a Rigger many years ago and now manage many parachute riggers for a major civilian manufacturer..

While you are researching, FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE WITH MORE THAN YOU HAVE FILLED OUT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    While you are researching, FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE WITH MORE THAN YOU HAVE FILLED OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by jrddaigle View Post
    Yes the Corps has Riggers and yes its a great career! I was a Rigger many years ago and now manage many parachute riggers for a major civilian manufacturer..

Strong? PD?

Thread Information