Something that may scare the crap out of some of you
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Something that may scare the crap out of some of you

Because of MEPS back in 2008, the whole screw up thingy... Talking with a Marine Recruiter who called me earlier today, (no joke, out of the blue, never even heard of, or met the guy, but my info was in his system, not sure why he'd call me on his day off, but it's really cool he did) apparently there is a "big mistake" (I wanted to say "no ****" but I didn't want to be disrespectful to him) and turns out, I am qualified for service. Outside of having to meet USMC HT/WT reqs (which will be good by mid feb or early march) I'm good to go to join the Military. (USMC at least)

And apparently the USMC is short on Infantry/Tanks/Artillery. And said he's looking for Recruits who want to make things go boom.

He did say me being 6' 4'' barrs me from going 1812, but I would be qualifed for 1833 , 03xx series, and all of the 08xx series as well.

I'm back in business.

Now just have to work on maxing the USMC PT test, and I'm good to go.

I could go to a training function with him tomorrow, but it wouldn't be feasible because of where I live vs where I'd have to drive, but was instructed to do the pull-ups, crunches, and 1.5 mile run and just call him monday with the scores.

Pushing for mid february to meet HT/WT and PT reqs for Enlistment.

Forgot to ask the question, my question is, how different is the USMC organized and structured vs the Army equivs?

I take it I have a lot of researching to do.........................

And happy, late thanksgiving

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco771 View Post

Forgot to ask the question, my question is, how different is the USMC organized and structured vs the Army equivs?

I take it I have a lot of researching to do.........................

And happy, late thanksgiving
    I cut your post down a bit to simplify my reply. Congrats on having a mistake rectified. Good luck on the rest of the process.

As to your question above. Could you clarify what you are looking for? The Corps and the Army are organized similarly in somethings, but not in others. The Corps also does more task organizing of combat units than the Army does.

Also, at what level are you asking about? Initial training, advanced training, Fleet service, etc?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I cut your post down a bit to simplify my reply. Congrats on having a mistake rectified. Good luck on the rest of the process.

As to your question above. Could you clarify what you are looking for? The Corps and the Army are organized similarly in somethings, but not in others. The Corps also does more task organizing of combat units than the Army does.

Also, at what level are you asking about? Initial training, advanced training, Fleet service, etc?
    Thank you.

And more towards the FMF, I've been reading a lot about the MEU (SOC)s, and was wondering if rank had anything to do with assignments to them, and if there were other units a Grunt or Artilleryman can be assigned to. (because it's doubtful I'll be placed as 1833, so Infantry and Artillery are the most likely candidates)

So I'm more interested to learning more towards the Marine Artillery Battery's/Artillery units and same towards Infantry Units.

If you were to become an 0341, 0331, 0351 etc. could you still go through training as an 0313? I was browsing through the School of Infantry-West, and was reading through the synopsis for 0313 training here and was wondering if I got assigned to any Infantry MOS, if I'd have to go to the FMF to get accepted to the course/retrained as 0311, or if I could just do a lat transfer for 0313.

Recon was the single most largest thing (19D, or 11B in the RRC) I wanted to do in the Army. But seeing as how it's highly likely I'll be going USMC, I want to take advantage of getting into a LAR outfit. I'll do any Infantry Job no prob. Same goes for Artillery. But in that regard, if, I get slotted for Artillery and not assigned as an FO or Cannoneer, how difficult/how long would it take to get a lateral transfer/move to either job?

I know jobs are directed towards the actual career field, but no idea how it works to transfer, OJT, etc. In the Army they don't have "OJT" to get trained in another MOS, they send you back to the school. And Lat transfer usually only occur near the end of a contract.

0313, 0811/0814, and 1833 are the main jobs I want to get into most. So any info to get into them after going in would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information