Laundry in bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Laundry in bootcamp

Hello Marines I was just wondering when and where do you do your laundry while you are in bootcamp?

Quote Originally Posted by ITL16 View Post
    Hello Marines I was just wondering when and where do you do your laundry while you are in bootcamp?
    Laundry happens every 3-4 days or so. When you get issued all your stuff, you get a regular mesh laundry bag. You put your dirty clothes in the laundry bag and tie it to your rack.

When it's time to do laundry, there are three large canvas bags on the quarterdeck. One for utility blouses, one for utility trousers, and one for the laundry bags. Everyone dumps their stuff into the bags, and the Laundry Recruits carry it to a designated dropoff point. Later, recruits on Team Week (one-week period where you do slave labor for the Depot) put all the laundry, bag by bag, into an industrial-sized washer and dryer. The bags are then put back at the dropoff point, where they're picked up again by the Laundry Recruits.

When you get issued your stuff, the DIs will make you mark all of your clothes with your "laundry number." That way, when it comes back, you don't end up wearing someone else's underwear.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    "That way, when it comes back, you don't end up wearing someone else's underwear."

Unless you just want to

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OMG! I have been out a long time! They actually have somebody do the laundry FOR y'all?

WOW!

Yup...we handwashed everything out behind the barracks, too. My favorite was when we scrubbed all the black out of our boots so we could polish them back up with kiwi...

We used to take ours to the creek and scrubbed them with rocks and sand. It was really hard getting the hash marks out.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes the little scrub brush that we spent so many hours with at P.I.. Besides washing cloths we used the brush to scrub the squad bay wooden floors. I remember that the heads of the nails in the floor had been worn off and the floor was worn I guess from all the sand being ground in it. OH, all the memories that you Marines bring out on this site.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes our 782 gear was in the bucket - I had forgot about that - thanks for sharing that.

At the time, that pail was called "The Bucket Issue". Said bucket had many uses. Laundry, chair when turned upside down, barf container for those who felt the need, for putting over your head and smoking many cigs if caught smoking.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We were issued 3 sets of utilities. One set was starched and ironed and worn only for inspections. The other two was worn 3 days each. On Sunday you stripped down to your skivvies and washed your utilities on concrete troughs in cold water. There was a reason they were called scuzzies.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    "That way, when it comes back, you don't end up wearing someone else's underwear."

Unless you just want to
    Just make sure he ain't still in them.

Credits
    Savings
    Yepir
    The concrete wash racks and scrub brush
    Scrub brush also useful for that GI shower for the slime bags

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Just make sure he ain't still in them.

DADT is all over. They can share skivvies at the same time now. Soon it will be mandatory.

Do they have someone to iron their cammies,and polish their boots also? just wondering??

Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    Do they have someone to iron their cammies,and polish their boots also? just wondering??
    I had to iron my cammies every once in a while, but not often. Usually, something like this ended up happening...

Thread Information