How difficult is it to take college classes while being a Marine?
Closed Thread

How difficult is it to take college classes while being a Marine?

I have a few friends in the military and most of them chose not to take any type of college classes/earn college credits while they were serving. I definitely want to get some kind of college credits while I'm gone so that when I come home I'm not left with nothing... Marines - How difficult is it to stay dedicated to earning a degree while serving in the Marine Corps while also doing your every day job?

Credits
    Savings
    The only coarse I took was drinking 101 and bar hopping 102. You fellows do have the right approach to life though. Good luck and study hard!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by g1ordano View Post
    I have a few friends in the military and most of them chose not to take any type of college classes/earn college credits while they were serving. I definitely want to get some kind of college credits while I'm gone so that when I come home I'm not left with nothing... Marines - How difficult is it to stay dedicated to earning a degree while serving in the Marine Corps while also doing your every day job?

It depends on what your MOS is and where you are. Even in Afghanistan, or aboard ship, some people can take on-line courses.

It depends on the workload and variability of schedule in your MOS. A Grunt would find it difficult because they may frequently need to disappear into the field for big chunks of time, whereas a shift-worker on a regular schedule and minimal unpredictable collateral duties can manage without too much difficulty.

Additionally, it's notable that you get a certain amount of college credit for MOS training, PME schools, and MCI courses.

Try running a search, this one has been asked and answered literally hundreds of times.

Thread Information