christmas leave in pensacola florida?
Create Post

christmas leave in pensacola florida?

So im stuck in mct till friday I just got my orders to report to pensacola fl for my 6300 a school. I called up there Sunday and was told all students would be allowed to take 12-14 days of leave and go into the neg if they didn't have it. But now I called today and talked to a lcpl and he wasn't sure and said just talk to someone when I get here, the other guy told me they'll have me fill out a chit for leave etc. Does anyone know what we will do im dying to know..

Thank you -pfc rogers

Ill tell you my experience then ill try to predict what may happen with you... i finished MCT on december the 5th a while back... they cut us all orders for 35 days of recruiters assistance... i was also headed to P-cola... so thats one thing... now if they dont do that.... i would highly suggest you call up your recruiter ASAP! ask him about going on PTAD aka RECRUITERS ASSISTANCE aka RA... explain to him your situation with Pensacola... now most likely if u have to go to pensacola... they will get you checked in and then they will inform you that not much will be happening until the first week of january thats when , if your recruiter hasnt already come through for you, you talk to them about taking ptad... i know you are wondering why i talk about ptad when you were saying you want to take leave... don't go in the hole for leave.. its just a bad idea.. you never know when you may want to use those days or may have to I.E. emergency situations that arent approved under red cross etc.... but if i were you i would talk to an NCO or higher at pensacola... LCpl don't know ..... and thats bc he most likely hasnt been around for more then a year or two more then you... and don't listen to the rumors and bs babbling of your peers... aka your fellow pvts and pfc's

well u have a couple of options when u get to pcola, you can go on recruiters assistance for like up to a month I think, which thats a good option a quite a few of my buddies did that when we were there. Otherwise you'll get the 96's no matter what, This is just a recommendation on my part but i'd just use leave to cover just one of the holidays, for example take leave from the 22nd to the 29th or something on those lines, and you'll still have the 96 for new years,and so that u wont have to worry about being negative if ya wanna take leave after your a-school.

Otherwise just wait till u get there and they'll brief you on everything that you wanna know, just ask your indoc leaders .

TThe guy who told me I was gonna be able to go into the negs wasn't a pvt or pfc. It was someone talking to me from the 'quarterdeck' whatever thatis... also about the 30 days of ra, I talked to my recruiter but he didn't mention 30 days just mentioned two weeks. Id rather go into the negs for two weeks than work for two weeks, my house is 2 hrs from my rss. That's why id rather take leave so I can actually see my family. I got a feeling my recruiter would work my ass off. I just hope they assign me 30 days or they tell me I can take leave... it would be nice. Did they give you guys the option of leave or no?

I wanted to take leave so I can see my family cause ra would screw me if I had it cause id be going 2 hrs from home and would never be home for the holidays. My recruiter said for every interview I get him I get a day off, but interviews are impossible to get I swear

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's better than nothing kid. I'm in Afghanistan for the holidays. Get used to missing holidays, funerals, birthdays, etc...

Thread Information