need some one how actually knows what they're talking about.
Closed Thread

need some one how actually knows what they're talking about.

Ok, I am currently 16 years old, and next year I plan on joining the marines, i just have one problem: I've had 2 seizures in the past( a little over a year ago) and i'm on medication. But I do NOT have epilepsy, and I have 2 EEGs and a CAT scan to prove it.

So, my question is, will I still be able to get in the marines with proven documents showing I don't have epilepsy, and can I be in boot camp with medication if that flies?

Credits
    Savings
    And STILL no profile
    GO AWAY

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    marine (small m)refers to something to do with the sea, as in marine biology; a graduate of The United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island (and even San Diego, I suppose) is known as a Marine, capital M every time, anywhere in a sentence. A mistake the press, and the ill informed (same-same), makes entirely too much.

BTW; your local Marine recruiter should be able to answer this or get an answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kazpass View Post
    Ok, I am currently 16 years old, and next year I plan on joining the marines, i just have one problem: I've had 2 seizures in the past( a little over a year ago) and i'm on medication. But I do NOT have epilepsy, and I have 2 EEGs and a CAT scan to prove it.

So, my question is, will I still be able to get in the marines with proven documents showing I don't have epilepsy, and can I be in boot camp with medication if that flies?
    Marine,Marines,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kazpass View Post

Recent seizures of unknown etiology (cause or origin) are not good news. Being on meds for them adds to the bad news.

Only a recruiter can give you a decent idea.

Chances are the Marines (other branches) will view you as a liability unless you can prove to the MEPS medical staff otherwise. Of course, since the history of this condition in itself is not an automatic DQ, the medical officer will have a say in letting you in and approving a waiver. It's kinda hard to see what will occur in a yr or two but right now, the USMC is VERY selective because it's cutting down on its numbers so it's gonna be harder to get in.

My step son could not get in, partly because of siezures for which he took medication, and partly because of the education requirements. The recruiter said that having taken seizure meds in the last 5 years is automatic DQ.

"and can I be in boot camp with medication if that flies?"

No.

I'm currently a SNCOIC of a recruiting sub-station... probably not going to happen, definitely not if you've taken meds within 5 years.

Credits
    Savings
    the youngster can't follow instructions and fill out his profile, why would you even want to answer a child who doesn't have the brain power to listen to channel directions ???

He hasn't logged in since, must not be that interested.

So, the answer is NO. I could have saved us all the bandwidth and time. Closed.

Thread Information