Any thoughts?
Create Post

Thread: Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong location.

I'm looking for some answers here. I was in Gulf War I. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and some other things so far. I'm waiting on the VA right now.
    A while back I went to the optometrist for the first time in 20 years. He diagnosed me with Horner's Syndrome and referred me to a Neurologist. The Neurologist said that "it's nothing that will kill you, so don't worry about it".
    I went to the VA for a second opinion. Their optometrist said that there was something wrong with my left eye, it's constantly constricted. Other than that they found nothing else wrong, but they also referred me to a Neurologist. The VA Neurologist had a student check me out while he watched. He diagnosed me with Adies pupil.
    From what I've read Horner's is the constriction and Adies is the dialation. Both are caused by different things. Horner's can be caused by nerve damage to the muscles that allow the iris to open and close, leaving it in a closed position. It can be caused by over exposure to organophosphates, such as nerve gas or defoliant agents.
    This got me wondering if the NAPP pills could have caused this, or if we were exposed to some type of nerve agent?
    I've been back to my Optometrist again and he again said it was diffinently Horner's and not Adies.

Anyone here have any suggestions? I'm starting to have some blurred vision on occasions, and I don't know where to turn to next.

Thanks and Semper Fi!

HI STEVE I WAS WONDERING DO YOU BELONG TO FACEBOOK? IF YOU DO ASK IT THERE> BECAUSE THIS WOMEN DENISE NICHOLES SHE IS A RETIRED MAJOR IN THE ARMY NURSE CORPS AND SHE IS WONDERFUL ANSWERS QUESTIONS OR SOME ONE ELSE WILL> ITS ON THE DESERT STORM VETERANS PAGE. I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THOSE ASKHOLES FOR 14 years with no results

SEMPER FI STEVE I HOPE I GOT YOU TURNED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

Thread Information