Tomb of Unknown Guard Silences Disrespectful Crowd - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Look up the qualifications the guards have to go through to be a guard. I had that but can not find at this time

AWESOME! I would imagine it must be difficult to keep his bearing when azzholes are being blatantly disrespectful. Ive heard of people trying to walk up to them and walk across the runner they patrol on to get a better look at the monuments. What is wrong with people to be so obtuse? At any rate, good for him and a big thank you to him for keeping them in line.

Out of the mouths of babes

Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    Good for him!! My daughter kind of did the same thing at a Veterans Day Assembly at her school. They had brought a Veteran in from each branch of the military, a group of girls were talking and laughing behind her, she turned around, told them all to shut and have some respect for the Veterans that are talking, they served our country and could have died, and once again told them to be quiet. She is in 8th grade, and speaks her mind just like her brother, who is now a US Marine! She is so proud of him too
    My daughter was in 7th grade (shes graduated high school now) and we went to a Friday night football game for our local high school and a kid sitting a row in front of us didnt stand up when the announcer asked everyone to before the National Anthem played. She tapped him on the shoulder and told him to get up and not be so disrespectful, that there were Veterans in the stands that fought for his rights and he should get up or get out. I about died when she said that...he got up and she reminded him to take off his hat and put it over his heart too...lol poor kid was getting peer pressured into doing the right thing by another kid. His buddies were just standing there open mouthed. I taught my daughters that when the Anthem plays you get up and keep your mouth shut while its playing. It was funny and pretty amazing to see her do it to another kid. I can identify with your pride Marinemom

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    thanks for the snoops page, that was very interesting to know why they do all the things that they do!

And LLN, you daughter sounds just like my daughter!! Good for her, so good to hear of other young kids telling others that they need to respect the National Anthem and our Veterans, and current Armes Forces.

Credits
    Savings
    I agree you Dave2571, it is very disappointng to know that they had to be addressed in the first place, and I wonder what they had to talk about that was so very important at the time and place...

Credits
    Savings
    Defnitely, I think it could have waited also.. what do you mean the issue goes far behind what happened at the tomb? Just that our society in general is disrespectful, and has a sense of entitlement? Just taking a guess...

Credits
    Savings
    Very True, I have not been out of the US in a while, but I will take your word for it!

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Outstanding example of how our most sacred sites are becoming nothing more than circus attractions for the spoiled few who are fortunate enough to be able to travel about our nation in these horrid economic times. Bravo Zulu to that soldier for bringing them under control in such a professional manner.

How true, was there a couple of years ago. People do not have any respect for our National Monuments and memorials to those who gave all.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Not to get off the subject too much, but I was thinking of violent events in places like Norway and Sweden, where not too much of that was seen until recently......Not that I've been out of the U.S. in the last ten years, either, but the news around the world is not that different from what it is here.
    OK I get it, so just watching things on the new so forth. I jsut don't understand all the unrest, why people riot so much...

Thread Information