Government Issue
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Government Issue

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for purchasing government issue cami sets from the 98-02 era? I see a lot of these knock offs out there and can't force myself to buy them. I'm looking for the original government issue woodland camis. Thanks in advance....

go to a army surplus store

Maybe Sgt Grit,Semper Fidelis.

Thanks for all the answers!

I assume you are looking for woodlands? Ebay would be my first stop. If I had any left I'd just send you some...but alas...I don't.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Navy is still wearing the heavy cotton variety and they are still in the supply system. With my good looks and charm I might be able to get some from cash sales. Why do you want them?

Hey fellas, thanks for info and help on the cammi's. I was looking for the woodlands and landed some from eBay. Sgt. Leprechaun, I wish I could still fit in mine. Haha

Good deal. Glad the ebay worked out for you! I figured that would be the best, and the cheapest, bet....

BE ADVISED!!!! If you are looking for AUTHORIZED Navy/Marine Corps uniforms with the digital pattern, you can only get them on bases. You might be lucky to find some on e-bay or surplus stores ONLY if they are being sold from marines/sailors or people who got them from service members. Sgt Grit and other places doe NOT sell AUTHORIZED cammies with the exception of the covers and boots. Just an FYI. If the EGA and Navy Emblem are NOT embedded in the cammie pattern, they are UNAUTHORIZED to wear in uniform. Happy hunting.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Another thing for all hands, the woodland pattern BDU has been officially phased out by the Air Force. To the best of my knowledge, only the Navy authorizes the woodland and desert BDUs, and those have a drop-dead date in the near future (I don't know what it is).

So, woodland pattern BDUs will start to become rare items except from civilian sources. So will the old black leather combat boots.

Yup. My sources for woodlands have pretty much dried up. Again, though, ebay is probably your best bet for this stuff. Prices were nuts a few years back, but have settled down considerably now.

Huh.... I just happen to have a whole bunch of those laying around my garage. I even have my maternity woodlands still so if there are any reeeeeally portly gents out there. Perhaps I will hold onto them and make a few buck off them. I still have the old kits with the iron on EGA's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I still have the old kits with the iron on EGA's too.
    Interestingly, these are still sold at the exchanges (the Officer's Equipment Company brand). I've thought about buying a set to put on my helmet cover.

I've seen that done, but be careful....unit might get pizzy about it LOL

Thread Information