Black socks with MCCUU?
Create Post

Black socks with MCCUU?

I recently graduated MCRD PI and all my coyote brown socks are thrashed. I have a full pack of black socks for playing soccer and stuff and was wondering if those were authorized for wear with the MCCUU? I'm going to MCT tomorrow was wondering if I would need to get more brown socks when I got there

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty94 View Post
    I recently graduated MCRD PI and all my coyote brown socks are thrashed. I have a full pack of black socks for playing soccer and stuff and was wondering if those were authorized for wear with the MCCUU? I'm going to MCT tomorrow was wondering if I would need to get more brown socks when I got there
    Going to need them sooner or later as they are an issue items you are responsible to maintain.

As far as black socks, I suppose if you blouse your trousers properly, no one will see them. Until you get new coyote brown socks.

I'd get the brown socks as soon as possible. The Master Sergeant here at my school blasts people for wearing black socks.

Save them for the fleet.

I never had brown socks and I haven't been out that long. I was issued black and always wore black. Reminds me of this shi*t bag that always wore white socks. I ended up making him spray paint his white socks black.

Thank you for the answers. I was also wondering if they issue gortex jackets at MCT and if we'll be given more liberty with when we can wear those than at boot camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty94 View Post
    Thank you for the answers. I was also wondering if they issue gortex jackets at MCT and if we'll be given more liberty with when we can wear those than at boot camp?
    No, youll still be told when you can and cannot wear them. It sucks yes but its just a month and it will be over with. MOS school youll get alot more freedoms.

I know this is somewhat of a necropost, but this is a pet peeve of mine as I always try to correct Marines wearing unauthorized socks and get told I'm wrong, so I'll chime in.

From MCO P1020.34G Chapter 3029.3:

"3. Coyote brown cushion sole socks will be standard as issued/sold
    through the DoD Supply System and will be worn with the utility uniform and
    whenever combat boots are worn. Green cushion and black cushion sole socks may continue to be worn until replacement is required."

I interpret this to mean that since black and green socks were authorized with the old CUU, they were authorized with the MCCUU when one changed to the new uniform until they wore out. The CUU was phased out years ago now, so NO ONE should be wearing black or green socks in cammies. If you were initially issued the MCCUU and never wore the CUU, black & green socks were never authorized for you.

Thread Information