gift for Graduation, Christmas or 'Just Because'
Create Post

gift for Graduation, Christmas or 'Just Because'

Marine Book Review

" I just finished reading Ray Merrell's book "My Three Years in the Marine Corps. This is a must have and must read book. Without revealing too much and giving away his story, it is a book that gives us younger Marines an insight of why Mr. Merrell's generation is known as "The Greatest Generation". While our Marines were battling the Japanese in the Pacific, their families were home backing the war effort. Still, there were problems with strained commitments and uncertain of their future after spending years away from their loved ones in a theater of war that was often violent and savage. In between the combat the Marines would train for the next beach invasion where a lot of anxiety would take place because of them not knowing what they would be up against and if this would be their final combat so that they could return home. While all this was on their minds, they worried also if their wives and girlfriends would still be faithfull and waiting for their safe return after being away from them for years. This reminded me of my Vietnam tour of duty and helped me relate to Mr. Merrell's story. Oh, how those letters were so important from home when you're cut off from the homeland because of no telephones, internet, or even news from home via television. It's just you and your buddies and those all important letters from home".
    S/F R. K.

Order autographed book from me, $15 each - 2 for $25 (includes postage). Personal check, money order or cashiers check.

Ray Merrell
    827 Dixie
    Liberty, Mo. 64068

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ray, have you looked into getting your book sold on Amazon both as a regular book and for Kindle? Might get more volume that way.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Ray, have you looked into getting your book sold on Amazon both as a regular book and for Kindle? Might get more volume that way.

Just a thought.
    Zulu,

I have thought about that, but I 'kinda' like putting a personal touch on my books. However I may do that sometime. Thanks for your input.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Zulu,

I have thought about that, but I 'kinda' like putting a personal touch on my books. However I may do that sometime. Thanks for your input.

Gung Ho,

Ray
    Just sent a hint to the Wifey. I would love to get your book for Christmas.

Ray, the two copies my wife ordered from you arrived today. Thanks for signing my copy. It's is an honor, and a great priviledge for you to consider me one of your family, even if it is just Marine Brothers. My time in pales in comparison to your 3 years. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Semper Fi.

Thread Information