Anyone who has loss significant weight to enlist
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Anyone who has loss significant weight to enlist

First off I'd like to give my full respect to all the Marines in the world, and wishing them a happy birthday 2 days early.

That being said i have since a young age aspired to be a Marine. During high school i trained hard with a good friend of my who went on to become a Marine. We attended POOL functions and I must say they were the greatest days of my life. I unfortunently let someone talk me out of the Corps when i was extremely close to Depping in and i never enlisted.

Fast forward almost two years and I am in a dead end job yearning for the days i was training to become the greatest thing on Gods cruel earth, a US Marine. The only setback is i am 40 pounds over my heights enlistment weight thanks to idle time of no training. I have the motivation to train and diet hard and i WILL DO ANYTHING TO ACHIVE MY GOAL OF BECOMING A UNITED STATES MARINE. Any advice that anyone has of lossing sighnificant weight is well appreciated, I will heed the words of any Marine or Poolee who has words of wisdom for me. I have motivation and plan on working as long and hard as I can to achieve the ultimate goal of satasfying my warrior spirit.

Thank you Marines, you are my heroes and i will not quit till I earn the most coveted title

Try using the search bar. This topic has been covered before.

This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29787&page=23

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Softball gave you an excellent link. As you can tell, the original poster is now a Sergeant and an Afghan vet. It can be done. The last photo I saw of Accord, he had not gained an ounce of fat back. He was pretty cut. It's just plain old fashioned determination.

This link may offer some info also:
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=104235

Patience, consistency, a smart w/out program and healthy eating.

Good luck...carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all, ladies and gentleman. The links are helping me restructure my diet and workout habits, now its just gonna take alotta hard work and some good ole fashioned American grit.

I'd add to all that by saying its about life style change. One thing I am finding as I get older is that I have to stay even more active, and be even more cognizant of what and when I eat. What you can't do is work hard for a short period, attain your goal, and then go right back to living the way you did before. If your weight goal is ~170lbs, then you have to live a '170lbs life style' from here on out. Make sense?

Best of luck to you. Feel free to PM me if you find yourself needing more encouragement.

V/r

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Captain, great advice will always remember that as I continue on this journey

Thread Information