Questions?
Create Post

Thread: Questions?

Questions?

Hey poolees, I've just returned from Parris Island last Friday, and I'll be glad to help anyone out who has questions about recruit training (without giving away too many "surprises").

Ask away!

Congrats on becoming a Marine ...and welcome to the Marine Corps family!
    Enjoy your leave home with family & friends.
    PM Sgt Leprechaun and have him change your status to Marine.

Semper Fi Marine!

What was the hardest part of Boot Camp?

What's an example of the daily routine of a recruit?

Funniest moment?

If there was anything that you could go back and do, preparing wise, that would have saved you a lot of greif, what would that be?

Congrats on becoming a Marine!

How's it feel?

Hardest part of boot camp was probably being away from my family. I was pretty homesick during first phase, but as time goes on you get used to being there. It seemed to be a pretty common trend amongst recruits unsurprisingly.

Daily routine without spoiling too much: Wake up at 0400, go to chow sometime between then and 0530, do whatever you have to do in the morning including morning cleanup of the squadbay. You then go onto doing whatever's on the schedule for that day; you'll go to afternoon chow between 1100-1230, afterwards you'll have either classes or, again, whatever else is planned for that day (classes is actually mostly first phase). You'll go to evening chow between 1600-1730, and after that you start your hygiene time (showering, brush teeth, shave), and usually wrap up the day after that. Lights is at 2000.

Funniest moment is tough to say, there was something funny almost everyday there. Just don't let your DIs catch you laughing...

If I could go back and re-prepare for MCRD, the only thing I would do different is to spend more time with my family. I cannot stress that enough.

Thanks for the congrats, being a Marine is awesome, almost an indescribable feeling. Knowing I'm finally apart of a 236 year old brotherhood is amazing, and my career is just beginning, as yours will soon also.

Thread Information