Inspirational Vet Story
Create Post

Inspirational Vet Story

With Veteran's Day Friday, this story from Nelson Lauver is appropriate. Remember to Thank a Vet!

Hope you enjoy this 4 minute story. If so, say so and keep it up at least through Friday!

S/F

http://www.theamericanstoryteller.com/stories/hook/

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT WITH US mos4429 that was very nice.

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What an amazing and inspirational story! Certainly makes you think twice about taking anything for granted. One thing my son defnitely learned at Boot...take nothing for granted. Thanks for posting MOS!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed.

BTW, can't take credit for the link. It was sent to me from an ol' Marine buddy I served with 32 years ago.

Credits
    Savings
    But you took the time to post it on here, I really enjoyed it. I love hearing any type of story that a Vet has to tell!

"Send 'em Up I'll Wait!"

"Love it! This has got to be one of the greatest quotes of all time. I thought this might make you smile...

...converstion overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai.

Iranian Air Defense Site:
    'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. if you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

Air Defense Site: (total silence).

God bless our troops. There is something about a Marine that makes other countries listen to reason.

.......from Striking Sixth: 1st Provisional Marine Brigade Newsletter

Thank You For The Story Ray, Its Motivating We Put Them In Their Place.
    Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    That is great! Defnitely someting about a Marine, that scares other countries. I really liked that one! When my son was at boot, I would try and send him an inspirational quote like that everyday, just so he would remember why he was doing this.

Here's a story for you guys.
    This past year I found out that our church help Sponsor and place where if you have no money or food or a place to lay your head down they will put you up for the night and feed you and house you plus let you shower for free!! all you do is commit to finding a job and they want charge you one single cent what so ever..
    Well last year I made it a pet project to help them out for Christmas and help them feed the ones who didn't have a bird!!!I even worked a couple places as Mr. Claus and made some change not allot but enough to by enough birds to make a difference in a house hold.
    Well this year I went all out and prostituted myself out to several businesses for charity and the best so far was a place called Crazy House of Garden City,Ks. there I made for a two day event $1100.00 dollars and then some on the side to donate..

The owner was so happy I was able to pull this off he gave me a bonus cause he doubled his take for the two weekends I worked. I worked 6 hours total and made a total counting all of it $1300 dollars.

$600 went to my favorite charity and Monday I will donate to my other the rest.

The other one great thing is I haven't been paid for the best gig I worked yet and the Manger there wanted to know how much the average pay-day I've been getting was ? I could have lied and said $1300 or more but I was honest and told the truth and he was very happy and I go to pick up a check on Monday from him.

so for all you young Marine who wonder if we make a difference in life? guess no more we do.
    may the Good lord watch over you and hold you in and out of Harms way and have a good day..

Semper Fi..

God Bless You William!!!
    Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Good story, Marine 1955. Thanks for contributing and keep up the good work.

Semper fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Great Story! Sound like you have a very big heart. I think every Marine makes a difference, they might know it right away. But son since he has been a Marine, has made a difference in my life, he makes me want to be a better person

Thread Information