I Am A Prior Service Recruiter! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Obviously I failed to read the post date on the beginning of this thread. So if anyone out there has info, please help me out.

I would also appreciate any information on returning to active duty.

RE-1A
    Age - 24
    Tattoos - full sleeve right arm, two tattoos left forearm
    65''
    Male
    Detroit, MI
    EAS- 20110812
    got out as a corporal, promoted to E-5 in IRR
    I'm still in the IRR for about another year and a half

Gentlemen,( Marines )
    I am an 8412 with Eastern Recruiting Region, Prior Service Recruiting. I noticed the 8411 who began this thread has since left the recruiting realm and moved on to greener pastures. I would be happy to answer any and all questions you may have regarding the Marine Corps Reserves. It has been some time since some of these messages have been posted so feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions and I will respond as soon as possible.

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-09-13 at 04:53 PM. Reason: There are Male and Female Marines on this Forum.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding and welcome to the forum.

PSR Gy Miller,
    I am currently attempting to re-enlist with an RE-3P. I left service at the end of my contract with an honorable discharge. I recently discovered this code after contacting a PSR in my area. He told me that I need to file for a BUMED waiver, but he had no interest in helping me do this. When I contacted other PSRs they told me that I need to contact the BCNR to change it, but after extensive research and filling out a DD Form 149 to the BCNR, it seems like this is the wrong course of action. This form seems to be for changing if there was an error when the DD Form 214 was written which is not the case. I still filled out the form and submitted it with (what I thought was) the appropriate evidence. I received a letter that said that no administration action will be made. I have since then submitted another with more evidence with no response. When I was discharged, I was overweight by two pounds and after contacting my career counselor of my last unit, it was confirmed that was the cause for the code. What should I do to expedite this process. I am drowning here. I started this process in march and I honestly feel like I have not made a move forward.

RE-3P
    Age-27
    No Tatoos
    66"
    165 lbs
    Male
    Gallatin, TN moving to Murrieta, CA in February
    EAS - 20120324
    Got out as a Lance Corporal - Busted down from Corporal for DUI one year before EAS.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    With the downsizing of the Marine Corps, they are only taking the " Best of the Best "

Getting back in prior service is almost slim to none not to mention your service record.

When you EASed you had to sign your DD-214 after counseling and you knew your code was RE-3P.

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

Best of luck and health to you.

Already Musto lol. Should have stayed in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good to see the Sergeants stripes bugs. You should come around more often.

tell me about it, the grass is greener

Thread Information