I Am A Prior Service Recruiter! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    27 years old with 5 years active duty
    No tattoos
    69 Inches
    195 pounds
    Male
    Mos was 6483 however I was attached to a 6482 work center 90% of what was in my training jacket was for 6482 gear from what I have been told all 6482s became 6469s I still have my training jacket by the way
    I am located in buffalo ny
    And was e-4 promoted to e-5 in irr which ended in January of 2011

I do have a very good job and a nice life as a civilian however, I have felt like lately something is missing and every time I set my cup on my usmc eagle globe and anchor coaster I get nostalgic and miss everymoment of it. Not to mention when I stop and look at all these people I work with and deal with on a daily basis it makes me sick just how they act and treat themselves no care or respect I don't want to be around it anymore. I want to get back into active duty and this as far as I have gone so far what do I need to do? Thanks for the help.

Basic Question

I'm just curious about the role of the prior service recruiter. I'm in the IRR and working on my IRR reenlistment with MOBCOM. Seperately, I'm working with the PSR at my old reserve unit to pursue a lat move to 0321 and go back into the SMCR. Is this something the PSR is responsible for or should I be talking to the career planner instead?

The Psr can extend you up to one year in order to join a unit. The mobcom career can reenlist you up to three years. If you are retraining thru the psr, the psr can get you three years of obligated time.

Age - 23
    Tattoos - None
    Height - 6'1 (73 inches)
    Weight - 200lbs
    Male
    Sacramento, CA

Got out as a CPL in July of 2011.
    No NJP's, Page 11's or anything like that.
    MOS was Crash Fire Rescue (7051).

AR/Active

I am currently in the SMCR and an E-5. I am getting ready to hopefully submit a package for AR, but want to also know what my options are for Active. I am open to either one. I am currently an 0313 but was an 0311.

Thanks.

I am no longer a PSR.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinguy View Post
    I am no longer a PSR.
    Any chance of you informing your replacement about this site/thread? It's been beneficial to many and I'd like to see somebody (a PSR) step back in and help.

Thanks for the help.

Good luck

Regarding PSEP Packages, I had my interview with the C.O of the San Diego RS and he's going to endorse it. Just wondering if you might know how further up the chain this package has to go and where exactly?

Been out since November 5, 2011. Started trying to come back in 2 weeks after I got out but no luck. Got out due to child in hospital in GA while I was stationed in 29 palms. I call every month to check if the Corps is accepting prior service. I have a good job but just wanna go back to my life style...

Re enlistment code-RE-1A

Tattoos: One on back (I cry but I shed No tears)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 144
    Male
    Savannah, Ga
    Corporal

I'm a reservist that just got back on Active Duty on April 3rd. For those that are interested in trying to get back in, email me at huntley@delorean.net. I have the PSEP checklist of everything you'll need and I'll give you some tips about some personal obstacles I had to go over. I did 4 years active, went into the reserves and became an EOD Tech, did the reserves for 2.5 years with MWSS-473 at Miramar. Right now I'm on Recruiter's Assistance at RSS Clairemont in San Diego until I get orders to where they want to send me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntley2336 View Post
    I'm a reservist that just got back on Active Duty on April 3rd. For those that are interested in trying to get back in, email me at huntley@delorean.net. I have the PSEP checklist of everything you'll need and I'll give you some tips about some personal obstacles I had to go over. I did 4 years active, went into the reserves and became an EOD Tech, did the reserves for 2.5 years with MWSS-473 at Miramar. Right now I'm on Recruiter's Assistance at RSS Clairemont in San Diego until I get orders to where they want to send me.
    I shot you an email. Also feel free to PM on here.

Huntley2336
    Here is one for the books. Active duty base date is Aug 1982, I left active duty, March 1995 as a Staff Sergeant. Joined IRR unit for 15 months then got out. So I have approximately 14 years good time. I was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant while in the IRR. I have been out (Completely out) since December 1999. I have an RE Code of RE-1 No bad paper, Navy Com Medal and 3 Navy Achievement Medals along with Gulf War Medals . I have a great job that pays six figures in sunny Los Angeles, I should be happy. But I want back in. I'd like to finish out my six year and the very least because I truly miss the big green machine. I’m 49 now, in great shape. I need a reality check from my Brothers in Arms. Anyone feel free to comment, help a Gunny out, DO I HAVE A SHOT?. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesGySgt View Post
    Huntley2336
    Here is one for the books. Active duty base date is Aug 1982, I left active duty, March 1995 as a Staff Sergeant. Joined IRR unit for 15 months then got out. So I have approximately 14 years good time. I was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant while in the IRR. I have been out (Completely out) since December 1999. I have an RE Code of RE-1 No bad paper, Navy Com Medal and 3 Navy Achievement Medals along with Gulf War Medals . I have a great job that pays six figures in sunny Los Angeles, I should be happy. But I want back in. I'd like to finish out my six year and the very least because I truly miss the big green machine. I’m 49 now, in great shape. I need a reality check from my Brothers in Arms. Anyone feel free to comment, help a Gunny out, DO I HAVE A SHOT?. Semper Fi.
    Your constructive age must be under 32. 49-14=35 so sorry Gunny, I dont think you will qualify.

Thanks for the info devilbones2. So they don't make a waiver for those 3 years? Heartbreak. Would a prior service recuriter (PSR) work with me on this or am I disquailified from even making the attempt. You know we Marines are hard-headed. "If you can't eat it, break it"

jeepinguy,

RE Code: 1A
    Full sleeve on right arm (had it when I was on AD), sun and tribal band on left upper arm, USMC w/ bulldog on right calf.
    68" 165 lbs.
    Male
    North Carolina

Been wrestling with this for a long time. Want to get into the reserves. 12 years active duty, should have stayed in the reserves when I got off AD but didn't. I have been out since Jan. 08. Any chance I get a reserve spot?

Thread Information