I Am A Prior Service Recruiter! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Embassy

You will have to complete an inperson interview with the gaining unit, whichever it is.

That is preceded by a research paper, hand written bio, DLAB score, typing test, and a plethora of paper work from your SRB.

My point is that you may be better served to associate with a local unit and use them to bring your annual stuff up to date.

It is possible to join direct but you will have to be completely proactive in making contact with the CIs of the joining unit in order to be screened. A Prior Service Recruiter can not submit to fill an 0211 BIC without the screening letter.

I have completed this process and it is 99.99% on you. You will only need the PSR for the last .01 percent of the process.

Frank
    www.killfoot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frankydp View Post
    Embassy

You will have to complete an inperson interview with the gaining unit, whichever it is.

That is preceded by a research paper, hand written bio, DLAB score, typing test, and a plethora of paper work from your SRB.

My point is that you may be better served to associate with a local unit and use them to bring your annual stuff up to date.

It is possible to join direct but you will have to be completely proactive in making contact with the CIs of the joining unit in order to be screened. A Prior Service Recruiter can not submit to fill an 0211 BIC without the screening letter.

I have completed this process and it is 99.99% on you. You will only need the PSR for the last .01 percent of the process.

Frank
    www.killfoot.com
    Thanks for taking the time to reply!

RE-1A
    No Tattoos
    69"
    145lbs
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    discharged as a Cpl picked up Sgt in the irr
    5811/5819

I am currently a Air Force Traditional reservist since 4/13/2011, I am trying to transfer back into the SMCR before I have stroke by having to spend another minute in the AF. I have contacted a PSR at I MEF on Pendleton who gave me the list of required paperwork, which I have completed except for the conditional release, and now he states there are no 5811 billets open and that I can not lat move. I have only talked to the PSR via phone and he doesn't seem very interested in reviewing my paperwork, I just want to make sure he's not giving me bull/the run around and that I actually have a shot of getting back in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinguy View Post
    Ok,
    Ive been reading a bit here about how some are trying to come back in, and are running into some "substandard" 8411's.
    I cant help EVERYONE, but i can provide you with a little over 3 years of experiance as a PSR.
    Hit me up here and i will do what i can for you.
    In the past i have been able to give IRR Marines a list of documents to walk into a PSR office with, in order to let them know that you are serious. Ive also been able to pinpoint WHY you are being ignored, and how to overcome any "drawbacks"

Before i am overwhealmed you need to disclose your....

Re enlistment code-located in the lower right hand corner of your DD-214
    Height
    Weight
    Male or Female
    geographic location
    date gaps if Sgt or above

If this information is sensitive because you are a DADT or popped on a whizz quiz, (or anything of the sort) feel free to PM me. but i may take a bit longer to respond to those.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PII HERE***

tag= prior service recruiter reserve irr active reserve program ar PSEP
    PM sent

Well Devil Dogs all I can say as seasoned Sgt that got out in Aug 1996 with a RE-1A and one NIP never stop trying. On Nov 21 2011 I was sworn in and reenlisted into the reserves it took a year and a half and life if work on my part. I also have to do a lat move to MOS 5711.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Rheude View Post
    Well Devil Dogs all I can say as seasoned Sgt that got out in Aug 1996 with a RE-1A and one NIP never stop trying. On Nov 21 2011 I was sworn in and reenlisted into the reserves it took a year and a half and life if work on my part. I also have to do a lat move to MOS 5711.
    I'm living proof that can be done too.

Congrats Sgt Rheude, feels good to be back doesn't it!

PM Sent.

I sent a PM weeks ago. No response.

Quote Originally Posted by fjmas1976 View Post
    I sent a PM weeks ago. No response.
    I think he said he was in the process of moving, didnt have internet access at home and it was blocked at work.

What is the age cut off with 5 years Active duty? I am 34.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go for it JAG! The actual constructive age cut off is 28 for active and 29 for reserves. Your constructive age is your actual age minus your years of active service. With 5 years of service your constructive age is 29.

Any chance of getting back in MSOB after a half sleeve? 0321 Recon Marine, want to come back to 1st MSOB got out after 4.5 years in 08. 28 yrs old, SGT

I still dont have internet at my new place yet

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinguy View Post
    I still dont have internet at my new place yet
    I hope you have internet now. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks

I dont unless I conmect directly to the modem on top of the refrigerstor

Thread Information