My Brother may be getting Med Sep, should have been graduating friday...
Create Post

Unhappy My Brother may be getting Med Sep, should have been graduating friday...

Although my profile doesn't say it I earned the title back in March, I'm a LCpl stationed at MCAS New River for V-22 Crew Chief training at the moment. My brother is at MCRD San Diego. He finished final drill then started spitting up blood with phlem and then found out he had bronchitis. He's been in MRP about a week and a half, talked to the chaplain, series commander, everyone saying he wants to stay and tommorrow he has a test that they are running on scars on his lungs to see if he will be prone to infection.
    If he gets discharged, IDK what to do.
    This was all he had when he went in, graduated high school in May.
    I feel like every time I talk to him I will be the one that graduated, the one that made it and he didn't. I feel like I will be rubbing it in with every story I tell, every flight I take and I don't know how to handle this.
    Any advice from anyone in this situation? I'm hoping for the best, that he'll be able to finish, but expecting the worst.

Thanks

LCpl Hoover

Just try not to be blunt about it... if he doesn't make it then just try n motivate him towards something else.. I try not to rub it in my brother's face, this is something he always wanted to do but couldn't. All you can do is support him.

First, pray he WILL make it. Bronchitis should not be disqualifying and usually does not leave scars. Pneumonia can, however.

Worst case scenario they medically discharge him, I would think you could take him out, sit down and talk about it, share honestly how you feel and ask how he will approach it, let him know you concerns.

Sometimes we go through life all worried how the other feels, and come to find out, they never felt that way at all. We were just too busy tiptoeing around it.

That's my two cents.

On, and Eager...why don't you PM Sgt Lep and have him change your profile over to Marine from Poolee.

THATS STRANGE I WAS A NAVY CORPSMAN FOR 111/2 yearS AND AS FAR AS I KNEW NO ONE WAS EVER DCD FOR BRONCHITIS OR PNEUMONIA. THEY WOULD KEEP THE MARINE IN THE HOSPITOL UNTIL HE WAS HEALED

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm taking bets .... all six of lokos posts have 3 red X's on them. The ole midnight spammarooski play has no success.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hate It When The Delete Function Is Disabled.

That sucks, going all the way till now, I was in before the crucible was integrated, does this come before or after Final inspection?

I fixed your profile, avatar, etc. Yeah, it does suck. Keep on keepin on that he makes it.

Preciate it Sgt.

Thanks Marines. I got news last week that its the doctors at Balboa want to discharge him but the ones at MCRD want to keep him and if he makes it though PCP another week, MCRD will fight Balboa to keep him in. He's already spoke to everyone as high up as he can and he's still fighting. He'll be fine i'm sure.

Rah

Lcpl Hoover

Same thing happened to me before I really started training. It's a boot camp scare tactic he will be fine. I'm here and look I'm in Afghaniland now. No worries kiddo.

Good news indeed. Keep us updated!

Thread Information