92 Day Reservist/IIADT
Create Post

92 Day Reservist/IIADT

Hello Marines,

I am an 18 year old wannabe in my first year of college. I've been interested in joining the Marine Corps for quite some time now, and finally yesterday, I met with a recruiter to ask questions. While we were discussing about the programs the Marine Corps offer, my recruiter told me about the 92 Day Reservist/IIADT program. I was told that if I were to choose this route, I would be able to gain admission to many different 4 year institutions/universities just by choosing to follow through with the 92 Day/IIADT program. Now, this seems like a sweet deal, but it almost sounds too good to be true. I tried to ask my recruiter for some details, but he seemed too occupied with scheduling a date for me to take my ASVAB and physical. I went through this site, searched for topics, and even tried Googling for answers, but I could not find an answer to my question. Now Marines, if you could give me some insight on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have a random question. I have a metal rod and a pin in my right leg from when I broke my leg (from skating) a little over a year ago. Though I have hardware in my leg, it does not physically limit me in anyway (in fact it feels stronger...?), and I can run, duckwalk, etc just fine. I told this to my recruiter, and he told me that it won't be a big issue. However, another recruiter told me that I need a waiver, and it might pose a problem at MEPS. I'm also reading on this site that it seems quite hard to get a waiver for any implants/hardware. If any Marines know... do I need a waiver for this, and are my chances of getting a waiver slim if I do need one?

Thank you!

THe DEP/92 day programs do work for the college bound students. It worked for me, so he's not blowing sunshine up your six. However, I did work as a recuriter ADSW and I am not sure if a waiver will get you through with that hardware. Check with your local MEPS.

Thanks for your reply!

I do understand that the 92 day program works with college students. I guess I should have described my question more in depth.

I am currently a student in a community college, and my initial plan was to transfer to a 4 year university (which is still my goal; to get a bachelor's degree). My recruiter asked if I would like to go to a 4 year university right away, and of course, I said yes. Then my recruiter proceeded to tell me that I could just straight up go to any 4 year university of my liking (or at least out of a list of colleges that have that option) as soon as I enlist with a 92 day reserve/IIADT contract, which is as soon as next week.

I'm still not sure if I worded my question correctly... so feel free to ask any questions regarding my question, haha.

Yes to put it bluntly. If you get accepted to a four year university then join the 92 day program. you will do boot the next summer then return to your four year university. Not the other way round to my understanding.

My scenario was I was accepted to a Four year instituion I joined USMCR DEP program, went to school for two semesters then bootcamp, then back to school as a reservist doing my one weekend a month drill then two weeks every summer.

Hope this answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by joelfromthemoon View Post
    Then my recruiter proceeded to tell me that I could just straight up go to any 4 year university of my liking (or at least out of a list of colleges that have that option) as soon as I enlist with a 92 day reserve/IIADT contract, which is as soon as next week.
    Was your recruiter saying that you would be accepted to any university just because you are a reservist? You have to apply to each university separately and, using their own criteria, they will determine if you will become a student there.

There is no way that by just becoming a Marine will grant you entry into a university.

Excatly! Your own merit buddy!

Precisely, TheReservist. While I was speaking with my recruiter, that was what he had told me. Which is why I made this whole topic, it sounds too good to be true. Now, does becoming a Marine be an advantage when applying to a school? And also, does the 92 day/IIADT program work with attending community college and transferring to a 4 year as a junior?

Thanks for your time Marines!

Thread Information