Fixing Congress.I hope ya'll agree.
Create Post

Fixing Congress.I hope ya'll agree.

Warren Buffet,"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,"he told CNBC."you just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP,all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified!Why?Simple! The people demanded it.That was in 1971..before computers,e-mail,cell phones,ect.Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution.seven (7) took 1 year or less to become law of the land..all because of public pressure.
    1.No Tenure/No Pension.A Congressman collects a salary while in office and recives no pay when out of office.
    2.Congress past,present & future participates in Social Security.All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.All future funds flow into the Social Security system,& Congress particates with the AMERICAN people.It may not be used for any other purpose.
    3.Congress can purchase thier own retirement plan,just as all AMERICANS do.
    4.Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.Congresstional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
    5.Congress loses thier crrent heath care system and particpates in the same heath care as the AMERICAN people.
    6.Congress must eqully abide by all laws they impose on the AMERICAN people.
    7.All contacts with past & present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.The AMERICAN people did not make this contract with Congressmen made all the contracts for themselfs.Serving in Congress is an Honor,not a career.The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators,so ours should serve thier term's,then go home and back to work.

Sorry, this is a 'Marines Only' section. Moved to 'Open Discussion'.

Thank you Sir,

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Sorry, this is a 'Marines Only' section. Moved to 'Open Discussion'.

Sgt.Leprechaun,

Thank you Sir for moving the post.
    I was not clear on the "forums".

God Bless-A.W.

A.W., I see you're in Boston, and in southern circles it's y'all...LOL.

Although Buffet has some valid points it's the equivalent of closing the barn doors AFTER all of the herd is out. We would see more kicking, screaming, crying and whining out of them than spending a day in a K4 class without cookies & juice boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arron Walker View Post
    Warren Buffet,"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,"he told CNBC."you just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP,all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
    Great idea, but Buffet is forgetting one simple fact. Satan cannot cast out Satan...a house divided against itself cannot stand.

It's easy for Buffet to say 'you pass a law'. But it's Congress who would have to pass that law. I'm not getting down on Buffet, but since he made those remarks, I'd just like to know how he thinks this could actually be accomplished?

The only way you're going to change Congress is to physically change Congress. Congress is bought and sold on such a daily basis it should have its own IPO. The only way to get the corrupt out of Congress is to vote them out. This will be up to the American people, not Warren Buffet or anyone else. Don't get me wrong on this, I still think he has good ideas, they just don't mean anything unless you actually use them. I think it would mean more coming from somebody who is ready to jump into this mess and help clean it up, rather than from someone who just offers an opinion and leaves, never having to deal with the problem themselves.

Credits
    Savings
    This is not Buffet idea, Iv'e seen this on the inter Net for years now.
    I don't think Buffet said he came up with the idea, at least I hope he
    didn't. Like I said its been around for years, we just need to get it done.

My Southern "circles'

[quote=Pinstriper;817659]A.W., I see you're in Boston, and in southern circles it's y'all...LOL.

Sir,

I was perritted a couse of instuctions and regulations as perscribe by my Father,Sir. When I lived in the South.My conduct was a reflexion of what was assigned behavior.Sir.

He would make point of y'all...Well done Sir

Cheese wiz, A.W. with all the "Sir" stuff you are making me feel old....

Yor not Old it's Repect

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstriper View Post
    Cheese wiz, A.W. with all the "Sir" stuff you are making me feel old....
    With out your Chevern & Hashmark I am not at liberty to address you in any other manner.Permission needs to be granted.
    A Marine on the "outside" should be treated with respect.

" I can never again see a U.S.M.without expreiencing a feellling of reverence" - Gen.Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Arron Walker View Post
    With out your Chevern & Hashmark I am not at liberty to address you in any other manner.Permission needs to be granted.
    A Marine on the "outside" should be treated with respect.

" I can never again see a U.S.M.without expreiencing a feellling of reverence" - Gen.Johnson

Well put Sir!
    Great post btw

Thank you for your friendship request,

Quote Originally Posted by jamielang1951 View Post
    Well put Sir!
    Great post btw.

President Rondald Regan,

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a differance.
    The Marines don't have that problem."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm telling Ya Timothy McVeigh Blew Tha Wrong F**king Building Up

Thread Information