Questions about Pensacola Fl, Aviation school.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Questions about Pensacola Fl, Aviation school.

First of all, i would of posted this in the Poolee section, but i go to MEPS tomorrow so i am not yet officially in but here is my question.

I will most likely be going Avionics or Aviation mechanic. What is it like at Pensacola? On some threads here i read that it is very strict and you dont have much leave rights. But my recruter on the other hand ( who was in Avionics ) said that he had the weekends off to do whatever he wanted.

If i was married and my wife was living somewhere in Pensacola off base, would i ever have time to go see her? Hopefully somebody can answer my question. Thank You.

I can't answer your questions, but how about a bit more of a profile besides first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Well that all really really depends. If you are a mech, it will be a few weeks and you will be able to go off base with a few buddies every day after a few weeks. If you end up being avaionics, well, I cant help you out much there. I think its a month or so before you can actually leave base, but once you can, you are able to stay out on the weekends unlike the mechs who can basically only leave at the end of there school when they finally achieve blue card status. If you want, pm me with more specific questions and I will be glad the answer them asap. Semper Fi

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG93 View Post
    First of all, i would of posted this in the Poolee section, but i go to MEPS tomorrow so i am not yet officially in but here is my question.

I will most likely be going Avionics or Aviation mechanic. What is it like at Pensacola? On some threads here i read that it is very strict and you dont have much leave rights. But my recruter on the other hand ( who was in Avionics ) said that he had the weekends off to do whatever he wanted.

If i was married and my wife was living somewhere in Pensacola off base, would i ever have time to go see her? Hopefully somebody can answer my question. Thank You.
    Leave the wife at home and learn your job.

Thread Information