Vietnam: It’s show time. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    We had a Marine in My Squad,that said F**k it I can't take this Chit anymore (AKA.Tha Bush) after He came back from an In Country R&R.This Cpl.lites up a Ready Roll that Evedentally He sprinkled with HEROINE,as He was Jonesing from His Fighting Hole...My Company Gunny at that time was a Marine from the Frozen Chosen,He went ANIMAL on that Cpl...Beat the Holy F**K outta Him,Stripped Him of his Cpl.Chevrons off His Flak Jacket took His Rifle,All His Ammo,Gernades,Bayonet,Helmet and Duece Gear and at the Point of His 12 Guage made His sorry Azz walk at Nite outta our AO~~~To our Company Commander that was what seemed like another World away Distance wise!!!Alway's wondered whatEv happended too Him,Guess He been Luckier If tha Gooners Wasted Him on His way,'cause our CO,Was also a Korean War Veteran,HE did not take too Fondly to DRUGGIES.
    Isn't that a song by Crosby, Stills, and Nash?

Last edited by Zulu 36; 10-30-11 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling - getting senile

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL-Sgt.Z~~~Think tha Cpl.ended up on Tha Marakesh Express

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ......I was a Squid with Lima, 3/3/3, in 1969 and then Captain C. Krulak was our CO. Our campany was "volunteered" for every crappy/high casualty mission!
    NO DOPER'S!!! There wasn't ANY time, day, or night, to lite-up. And the RAIN!!!.......HOLY SH!T!!!!
    AHHHHHH.....the "good ol' day's"! FVCK the GOOD OL' DAY'S!!!!!!
    SEMPER FI.......Doc Greek.....

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ......I was a Squid with Lima, 3/3/3, in 1969 and then Captain C. Krulak was our CO. Our campany was "volunteered" for every crappy/high casualty mission!
    NO DOPER'S!!! There wasn't ANY time, day, or night, to lite-up. And the RAIN!!!.......HOLY SH!T!!!!
    AHHHHHH.....the "good ol' day's"! FVCK the GOOD OL' DAY'S!!!!!!
    SEMPER FI.......Doc Greek.....
    That's what I was saying, Doc. Jack and I was in the 3/26. It was designated reserve Bn. for the whole 1st. Div. We were in on every damn operation that came down the pike. At the end of Dec.68 every one with 6 months or more in Country went afloat to rest for a week. Every one with less than 6, stayed in the bush. Things didn't slow down for the 3/26 till middle of Aug.69, when we got a slacker job of protecting the Nam O bridge. I was already gone then.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    LOL-Sgt.Z~~~Think tha Cpl.ended up on Tha Marakesh Express

Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Russ, I know it was a problem in the last couple of years. But the truth is, units that was doing all the fighting, didn't have the time or the means to indulge in that shet. At least we didn't. I have seen the after-action report for my unit, for the time I was there. And we had more self-inflicted wound cases than drug incidents. But you never hear anyone talking about that shet.
    I agree, I don't know where that ******* was from.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    mornin..i just got an email from a bro that i was in Nam with...said theres a new book out called What its like to go to war....By Marlantes
    Was written with PTSD and the Combat Marine a its underlying issue...it focusing on Vietnam vets....he said its one of the best reads hes seen in a long time...

just thought id throw that out here

Credits
    Savings
    ****'em. I'm a Winger, and lived in splendor, and don't need no ****ing TV show to tell me what it was like.

Like a lot, I kept it all to myself for a long time. Forums like this, Marine Vets, and the yearly reunions I try to attend, make it all a bit easier.

If and when I wear a VietNam Veteran ball cap, unless she is big tittied and a good looker, I don't give a rats ass to listen to the others, UNLESS, they have BTDT. Most of them have a guilt complex and are asking for their own forgivness.

Like I say, '****'em'. A true Vet can pick out a true Vet, with no words spoken.

Rick, any mary-jane or drug use had to have been after I was gone. I don't remember any incidents involving drugs in my unit. But then again, we was never where you could get it. Even our rear area was an old abandoned rock crusher, in the middle of the bush.
    Amen ,Mongoose .I never saw any drug use in my tour in the Northern I Corps area either ,not one time ,but we were portrayed as drugged out crazies.I'm 63 and have never used Marijuana or drugs in my life,heck I don't smoke or drink ! I wonder how many hippies from the 60's can say that?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtThrasher View Post
    Amen ,Mongoose .I never saw any drug use in my tour in the Northern I Corps area either ,not one time ,but we were portrayed as drugged out crazies.I'm 63 and have never used Marijuana or drugs in my life,heck I don't smoke or drink ! I wonder how many hippies from the 60's can say that?
    Not me.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Not me.
    Russ, you have an image to uphold.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    lol...aint sayin nothin

Russ, you have an image to uphold.
    That's right, I was on the other side, I was a Marine. I sometimes forget.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

wintergreen

My Mom has been returning thing back to her sons , she gave me a bunch of letters i wrote from rvn,and other shet and a "Handbook for US forces in vietnam" i must of sent it home, i was looking through it , what a trip, 10 packs and oj's black beauty was alive and well with the my fellow Marines , i was kinda and out cast when we were in the rear at dong ha . i didn't smoke drink, another Marine was like me we ran and pt"ed till we move out ,1 was 18 he was 18, he got messed up from a mine. i held him and a ten pack fell out of his flack j, you dont know who drug en what i think. s/f

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

village idiot

My spelling is so bad i meant FLAK JACKET, please excuse my grammar,

Thread Information