Vietnam: It’s show time.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Vietnam: It’s show time.

On November 8th, on the History Channel we will be a weekly series called Vietnam in HD. I don’t know about many of you but when will they leave us alone, and let us rest in peace.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah I got a Real War Movie going on in My Head!!!They'ed probably OutLaw it at The CANNES Film Festival for being too SCAREY for the Public to View,so I think I'll just NOT watch this Show Time Special...Semper Fidelis

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Thing is, there wasn't anyone around filming us. Haven't seen one thing about Marine grunts, showing the way it really was. If they had, the War Dept. would have banned it.

They aren't going to f*ck'n to leave us alone.
    I made a memorial video for my daughter and one I made of Vietnam posted on my YouTube account (same account handle as here). One of those Westboro church types saw it and started sending me PM's about how God killed her, my mom and dad because I was in Vietnam and how he prays all my kids die and I burn in hell. I blocked him, but still get one every so often from some asswipe. Thought all that was over years ago. I guess the GD place will always haunt us.
    I don't have PTSD from Nam, worst thing I had was a few short round 122's fired over us at the Air Base, and I had to handle the and KIA messages (God I wish I could remember some of those kids names). I joined the Corps and volunteered for Nam, not to fight for our country, or Nam, but I thought my brothers needed my help. The problem I have is how we were treated when we came back to the world.
    Until I joined here, I though I was the only one with the attitude of "F*ch em, keep their "thanks and welcome home" BS. I have my brothers and sisters, that's all I need.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FWIW. I was just watching teasers for the Vietnam program and they were showing vid clips of Marines firing 106mm at the treasury building in Hue. So, some Marine grunts will probably be on the program.

If I'm in any movies from the Nam, like Jack said, it's in the heads of my Brother Marines. Like Mongoose said, the cameramen didn't have the balls to be with us.

IMPORTANT: If I do receive an Oscar I'll share it with ya'll.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What I saw on the commercial was a dude removing a bush cap off a skull on a pole is a taste of what they are going to show in this series then it is a poor judgment call. I am not proud of things I had to do to stay alive but the public doesn’t need to see the insanity we, you, me had to live through to make sure we stayed alive. I am sure they’ll show guys smoking dope or shooting up the H but those guys were removed quickly from the unit (s) at least in mine they were, and we had a few guys who were junkies. I fear this new series will shed more bad light on our already tarnished past. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing the public will see this crap.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Rick, any mary-jane or drug use had to have been after I was gone. I don't remember any incidents involving drugs in my unit. But then again, we was never where you could get it. Even our rear area was an old abandoned rock crusher, in the middle of the bush.

One night while in the rear at An Hoa I was on line duty. Well, they always put 4 of us to a bunker and since I was always bunker commander I always took first watch up till midnight. This one night they only had 3 of us from my squad and the 4th guy was from someplace else.

One of my guys woke me up at about 4 in the morning and said the new guy was smoking grass, you could really smell the ****. The three of us kicked his ass good for endangering our lives and chased him away. This was the only time I ever saw it or smelled it over there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Rick, any mary-jane or drug use had to have been after I was gone. I don't remember any incidents involving drugs in my unit. But then again, we was never where you could get it. Even our rear area was an old abandoned rock crusher, in the middle of the bush.

Marijuana and hash were commonly used when I was there. Most consumption was done off-duty (remember I was with the Wing, so we generally worked 12-hr shifts). Personally, to this day, I have never smoked weed or used any other illegal drug, but I was around it periodically in Vietnam. I couldn't get too worked up over people doing weed in their off time seeing as I often drank myself stupid when off duty.

When I was on-duty, it was another thing - complete sobriety. I far as I knew, even the pot heads stayed straight on-duty.

We had several unannounced **** tests and the only hot pops in my unit came back for THC, no heroin. They gave you warnings back then for weed.

Some day I'll regale everyone with my excellent adventures with NIS as a candidate drug informant. Dude.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    One night while in the rear at An Hoa I was on line duty. Well, they always put 4 of us to a bunker and since I was always bunker commander I always took first watch up till midnight. This one night they only had 3 of us from my squad and the 4th guy was from someplace else.

One of my guys woke me up at about 4 in the morning and said the new guy was smoking grass, you could really smell the ****. The three of us kicked his ass good for endangering our lives and chased him away. This was the only time I ever saw it or smelled it over there.
    Russ, I know it was a problem in the last couple of years. But the truth is, units that was doing all the fighting, didn't have the time or the means to indulge in that shet. At least we didn't. I have seen the after-action report for my unit, for the time I was there. And we had more self-inflicted wound cases than drug incidents. But you never hear anyone talking about that shet.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am sure we all can pick out one or two incidents about the dobby use. Just because we all had different types of experiences doesn’t mean, (Mongoose) that the drug use didn’t happen; you just didn’t get one of those drug hippies placed into your unit. No matter how small the use was or wasn’t it is still blackens our eyes when they show guys smoking the weed in this type of series, that’s my meaning. There is a famous video of three guys in the smoking weed shotgun style out of an M-16 most likely they were sitting somewhere behind their hooch on some firebase; its bad PR. Anyway, this new series I fear will not be favorable.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had a Marine in My Squad,that said F**k it I can't take this Chit anymore (AKA.Tha Bush) after He came back from an In Country R&R.This Cpl.lites up a Ready Roll that Evedentally He sprinkled with HEROINE,as He was Jonesing from His Fighting Hole...My Company Gunny at that time was a Marine from the Frozen Chosen,He went ANIMAL on that Cpl...Beat the Holy F**K outta Him,Stripped Him of his Cpl.Chevrons off His Flak Jacket took His Rifle,All His Ammo,Gernades,Bayonet,Helmet and Duece Gear and at the Point of His 12 Guage made His sorry Azz walk at Nite outta our AO~~~To our Company Commander that was what seemed like another World away Distance wise!!!Alway's wondered whatEv happended too Him,Guess He been Luckier If tha Gooners Wasted Him on His way,'cause our CO,Was also a Korean War Veteran,HE did not take too Fondly to DRUGGIES.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Jack, was one of your CO's, while you was there, Capt. Egan? Our series Commander from boot camp was 1st. Lt. Egan. He was promoted to Capt. and was sent to Nam. I was told later that he was a Company Commander for India co. at one time. He was also a Korean vet.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's a Big AFFIRMATITTY Billy,Eagan was a BadAzz,My 1st.CO,Was Capt.Wild Bill Dabney,He was and Still is Married too Chesty Pullers Daughter,He retired as a Full Bird,Billy,Eagan got transferred Then We Got another Mustanger Capt.R.E.Hoover Sr.He was from A-Company 3rd.Recon,Also a Korean War Veteran,F**K He was Tougher than a WOODPECKERS LIPS!!! Semper Fi Brother,Pattie sends Her Love

Thread Information