Hue City, Tet 1968 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wait a minuet! You are not Skeeter Thomas are you? OMG!!! we did go through Engineer school together. WOW! 44 years later! Do you remember John Morison from Columbus Ohio? He had a hot red Comet? I have a few pictures of you, me and John.

No, I am not Skeeter. Sorry.
    I went through demo school then on to Shore Party school so was with B Co 1st Shore Party assigned to 5th Marines. I went from Da Nang in early January to Phu Bai then up to Hue for Tet. Spent a few more months up North then we were sent South to An Hoa in July. Spent most of my time West of An Hoa in the rice patties and mountains there. I only got minor wounds, shrapnel in rt hand in Hue and booby trap wound rt forearm in mountains outside of Phu Loc 6. They were so minor that I didn't feel right about claiming a heart after seeing the horrible wounds in Hue.
    I am returning to Viet Nam on Feb 22 for a medical mission near Hue ( Hong Ha and A Loui) with Vets With A Mission. Looking forward to being back. I did get to go back for a week in 2000 while I was working in Northern Laos with Food for the Hungry. I'm sure you remember the swarming little children back then. Now they are swarming middle aged sales people attacking the tourists. They learned well.
    Would love to meet you some time but I am in North Carolina and will be in SE Asia for a few months when I leave here.
    Good talking to you.
    Bob

Robert Are you Sketer Thomas? If you are then we served together in Engineer school and in Nam.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    Robert Are you Sketer Thomas? If you are then we served together in Engineer school and in Nam.
    I am not Skeeter. Sorry. I was with 1st Shore Party Bn; HST team attached to company CP on most operations. Worked alot with the 2 engineers attached with me and my radio man. Please see other response sent earlier.

Thread Information