Enlisted to Annapolis
Create Post

Enlisted to Annapolis

Good Evening Marines and the possible Sailor or two.

I have a question for you.
    Let me give you a bit of background.

I've only been in the Corps since May of this year and I'm loving it so far.
    Being an enlisted man is a pretty good life in my opinion.

Thing is I want to lead Marines and/or fly.
    I know that leadership is something that we've all been taught since day
    one and that anyone can do it no matter what they wear on their collar.
    I want to do it on a larger scale. I would love to become an officer.

My question: Do any of you have information on enlisted Marines going to Annapolis? I would love the opportunity to go there.

and I know there are a few Naval Aviators out there that may be able to help.
    Are there any pilots that you know/knew that were once enlisted?

This is a dream of mine.

Semper Fi
    PVT Barnett

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ight=annapolis

Try this thread and PM the Captain....he went from enlisted to officer ....not a pilot though.

Thank you SSgt.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett20110425 View Post
    Thank you SSgt.
    Hope you typed that at parade rest.

Errah motivated PFC lol...

I think I'm getting pinned this week.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm the dad of a former Midshipman who just graduated in 2011 and is currently in the final stages of TBS at Quantico. My daughter knew several prior enlisted Marines who made it into the Naval Academy and was very good friends with one whom I met several times. (He is a super smart guy that became very involved with the Naval Acdemy's Cyber Intellegence programs) Getting accepted into the Academy is not an easy process and is highly competitive for all applicants. As an enlisted applicant you have an entirly seperate process to go though than the kids comming out of high school.

Check out the URL from the Academy webpage that appiles directly to you. http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/stactive.htm

Check out the class of 2015 snapshot on the admissions page. There are 46 former enlisted personell that were addmited as part of 2015. Nine of them are enlisted Marines. This should tell you that it is possible to get there.

Best of Luck to you!

Thank you popsicle.
    I'll check it out. I may have already seen that page.
    I've explored the usna site multiple times.

If this whole thing doesn't work out looks like MECEP is the way I'm going.
    or I may just say forget the whole officer route for now and make my way
    towards the MSG program.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There are mutiple ways to become a Marine Officer, the Naval Academy is just one of them. Just some food for thought items:
    • You really have to sit down with yourself and decide what your goals are and how committed you are to achiveing them. No matter which way you go it will be a mutiple year process. Do you have the drive to keep your "eyes on the prize" that long?
    • Getting into any of the service academies is like fighting your way up a fish ladder. The process is designed to weed out the weak and non-commited individuals. The competion to get in is fierce, for the class of 2015 over 19000 applied for roughly 1250 slots. The vast majority of those 19000 never completed the entire application process and quit becuse it was to hard.
    • Since the probablity of getting into the Naval Academy is quite low you have to figure out what your plan "B", "C" and even "D" options are to achive your goal. You have to work all these options at the same time.
    Thank you for serving and good luck in purseing your goals

Thread Information