Top Secret clearance requirements, immediate family must be *born* in the US? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ah, that one. Yeah, you'll need to get an SCI caveat so that's out of the question if your parents aren't American. Know a few guys who can't get it for that reason. So unless they'll change their citizenship, I'd start looking at other jobs.

As far as I know, its out of the question if my parents are not currently American Citizens. But they both are, my Mom was born here, as were me and my brother, while my dad got his by marriage.

Everybody currently lives in the US also..were just dual citizens with Canada. I can see why this rule is there though, I mean if you were a citizen of taliban-y-land I probably wouldn't want you having a clearance either..

Anyways..the way I see it there has to be some sort of waiver for this.

There are no waivers for security clearance disqualifiers. There is a reason for them. They aren't just to filter down numbers like disqualifying factors for ENLISTMENT. This is to determine if you can be trusted with classified information, and possible conflicting allegiances are a serious concern. It doesn't matter if it's *just* Canada. Every country in the world spies on every other country in the world.

However, it is possible that if your immediate family renounce their Canadian dual-citizenship and surrender their Canadian passports, you can become eligible for a security clearance. I know of fellow Marines who hold clearances who did just that. Ask your recruiter about this.

Understood. I can try my best to get them too, but I can nearly guarantee they will not. Although I would renounce mine in a heartbeat, I assume that is not enough.

Its a shame, there goes my military career.

There are other MOS's in the Marine Corps besides Intel. Just because you can't get a clearance doesn't mean you should give up. Look and see if there is another MOS that you might like and try for that one.

You misunderstood me, just because I can't get the job I want doesn't mean I'm going to throw a hissy fit and quit all together. I merely meant there goes my career in that field, although I can see how my statement could be misleading to say the least.

I think I might start my own thread though, my circumstances are somewhat special and after reading through 15 pages of "Pick my MOS for me" I still don't have any solid leads.

Thanks for your help Marines.

I have talked to the special screeners for SCI at MCRD PI and there is no waiver for this. Immediate family must be U.S. Citizens. Your family will have to renounce and will have to be followed up with documentation. Period.
    Straight from the horses mouth! This is for the INTEL programs(DD/DC), security forces(UW) and METOC (HE) . All TS clearance Programs.

And there you have it. Closed for the good of the order

Thread Information