Aviation Support MOS?
Create Post

Aviation Support MOS?

Hello,

I am currently in the process of entering the DEP, and I actually might be going down tonight to swear in tomorrow. Regardless, I have been researching different jobs in the Marines, and one I find interesting is the Aircrew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator (AG field).

I was curious on how I would get this on my contract? I already took the ASVAB as well as my physical, and passed both with flying colors. I was originally looking at aircraft mechanic, and Gunny said I would have no problem getting in.

Thanks in advance!

Actually, I guess I didn't use the search feature well enough. The thread below helped me out, and it might help anyone else out that stumbled across this thread.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29278

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-04-12 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I inadvertently merged 2 posts together instead of merging 2 topics together.

***Edit....This post was posted today by BCreed025......***

Alright, I got a call today asking if I wanted to move my ship date from September to either April or May. I was hoping for a AG contract (crew chief), but I was told that I probably wouldn't get that even if I waited until September.

Anyway, one of the aviation jobs that is available for the sooner ship date is aviation support (I believe AE contract?). My recruiter couldn't really explain it too much, but I believe it's a mechanic? If so, is every aircraft mechanic MOS put into this field or are there only a few?

Just curious if anyone is familiar with this field and can maybe tell me a little more about it? Thanks!

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-04-12 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I inadvertently merged 2 posts together instead of merging 2 topics together.

I had an AE contract, thats just the field, google it and you will find that many different jobs fall under it, some on MEUs, some airfield services. I was assigned aviation ordnance, but many of my fellow Marines were given crash/fire/rescue

I was too get mechanic in the Airwing, too, aced the tests......the whole 9 yards and ended up a 'bomb humper' (Ordnance/Maint. Mech/Technician) so there are a number of different fields when you go into Aviation you could end up with. I went in during the Nam era and I don't recall getting any contracts on an MOS but I'm sure nowadays it's all different from then......besides.....I don't remember a lot of things anymore.....!! Good Luck. S/F

Thread Information